Britt’s knees ‘not totally 100 percent’

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Wide receiver Kenny Britt posted season highs in receptions (8) and yards (143) last week against the Colts, but said he’s not fully recovered from the three knee surgeries he’s had since October of 2011.

“I’m not totally 100 percent,” Britt said Thursday. “My left knee still swells up on me sometimes and my ACL knee still bothers me a little bit. So I’m not going to feel 100 percent at all through this whole season, but I’m back close to where I was last year.

“It’s very hard to accept, especially going out there in practice and coming back in and watching some of my routes out there. That looks sloppy. It doesn’t even look like a pro receiver.”

Asked which routes are hardest for him to run, Britt said: “Mostly comebacks and anything where I have to break back for the ball.”

Still, he said he feels like he’s making progress.

“I’ve been feeling better, feeling more confidence in going out there and running routes,” Britt said. “The last two weeks have been my best two-week period in practice and in games.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: AFC South, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I don't think Britt has ever been 100%.

3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

How much of that is mental vs physical?

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He looked good Sunday. He was confident and went after the ball.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

he is likely to never recover from this mentally, the offseason will do him well though.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Britt will never be 100%

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Britt has definitely exceeded expectations for this year. But he's already made of glass as it is and 3 knee operations in one year says his knees are a ticking bomb, and the only reason they're holding up is because he's so young. I fear by the time he's 27, he'll have a career ending injury. I'm not trying to be cold, but sometimes you gotta do a dirty business deal, if Britt doesn't have any setbacks next year, he'll have that 1200 yard year to put him officially in the first class of receivers, and if he does, we trade him that following offseason while his value is super high. Much like the Lakers did with Andrew Bynum after he played his first full season and put up monster numbers, they were very quick to get rid of him that following offseason because they knew he wouldn't hold up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

as long as we get dwight howard in the deal im cool with it..

dudes like 8 feet tall and athletic...im sure he can play w.r.....

:sarcasm:

9. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

might as well rest all the dinged up players for the rest of the season to almost guarantee losses. Worst thing this team can do now is win games

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nuts how fans want to lose

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar