Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Britt almost like a rookie in Titans system

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Titans Insider Titans News

Strange as it might sound at first, Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt has one less start during the Mike Munchak era than rookie wide receiver Kendall Wright.

Due to injuries and his one-game suspension, Britt has only four starts over the past two seasons, compared to five for Wright.

That may go a long way toward explaining the ups and downs of Britt’s performances on Thursday. In the win over Pittsburgh, Britt made some big plays, hauling in one 37-yard reception and making a game-tying touchdown catch as well. But he also dropped a couple of passes, bobbled a couple of catches and appeared to be on the wrong page as quarterback Matt Hasselbeck on a couple of routes.

“Kenny hasn’t played in a year,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said of Britt, who’s only played in seven games since Munchak, offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and quarterbacks Hasselbeck and Jake Locker came on board.

“He’s still learning this offense also for the most part. He’s played in a handful of games here in his last two years of Chris’s system, so he’s learning how to locate the ball.

“So it’s a lot of little things like that. At times we look like we’re a little off, dropping some balls or maybe not on the same page. But those are some of the growing pains we’ve been going through the last few weeks.”

Britt himself acknowledged earlier in the week that he’s still getting back to full speed — vision-wise — after missing all of training camp recovering from knee surgeries. That plays into the bobbles and drops as well.

“I think sometimes he’s surprised the ball is there, the timing of how quickly the ball is there,” Munchak said. “I think sometimes young receivers think that maybe they’re not going to be the main target and all of a sudden the ball is on them. I think it’s just learning and getting better at route-running, reading coverage, all those things for a young guy.”

Source: Titans Insider
  2. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,127
    [IMG]
    Titan43 and Scarecrow high five this.
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,127
    that is all.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  4. GeronimoJackson Starter

Moolah:
    $10,252
    On the touchdown that he almost dropped, it was encouraging to see him p*ssed at himself after all his teammates were celebrating and embracing him.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
  5. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $40
    I think I am slowly coming around to Britt, time will tell.
    GoT high fives this.
  6. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,764
    just keep wearing makeup and putting on sunglasses to hide those bruises.
    SawdustMan, GeronimoJackson and Scarecrow high five this.
  7. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,537
    With Britt its no mystery.... if he performs, you will like him.

Just has to stop being retarded and getting hurt.
    Ryno and nickmsmith high five this.
  8. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,517
    He is a GREAT WR when he's healthy and head straight.. Way better than Wright. But, he's hurt most of the time. I still don't like him as a person, never will.
  9. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $52,873
    He looked like a rookie out there, but he always seems to struggle catching the ball in his first couple of games... his first games of the season have come in preseason in the past.

He was really pissing me off last night. Luckily that ball bounced right back to him. That was an embarrassing drop... right between the numbers. He should've caught the one before that too.
  10. Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

GoTitans.com
    Moolah:
    $2,794
    Hopefully he'll get it together both on the field and off, if he does hes a heck of a weapon for us.