Britt and Cook Impress in Titans Rookie Workouts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The first day of rookie orientation was highlighted by two outstanding plays by first-round pick Kenny Britt and third-round selection Jared Cook. Offensive Coordinator Mike Heimerdinger will take a wait-and-see approach with both players. "Any time we get competition it's a good thing,'' Heimerdinger said. "But you don't find out if they're weapons until we get some defensive guys out there jamming them in pads. Both caught the ball well, though. (Cook), if it's somewhere in his ZIP code, he's catching it right now. But they obviously have a ways to go.'' The rookies met with coaches, mingled with teammates and practiced twice. They will practice again today before heading home. Later this month they will be back for a minicamp with the veterans.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

News like this is never bad.
    I bet those two are going to shame coverage in quite a few games.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Britt is the best WR in this draft. harvin is already getting sick.

4. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

With Cook, it is my hope that we have a big time sleeper prospect on our hands.
    If he had played in an offense that had a great QB I don't think he would have been around still at 89. A big target who, " if it's somewhere in his ZIP code, he's catching it right now", makes this kind of impression on Heimerdinger, while also possessing 4.5 speed - makes me very excited about the future of this football player.

5. jessestylex

I wonder if Scaife and Crumpler are picking on Cook in the locker room?

6. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

That's not important.

7. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Just stop.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. jessestylex

you are my friend till the end. no matter what crazy off the wall stuff you say.

9. jessestylex

yes it is, players cannot play as good as they can if they are being picked on by other players. they are scared to do good in fear the other guys will do something to them.

you gotta keep an eye out for this kind of stuff.

10. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Are you trying to ruin another thread on purpose?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar