Britt Could Be Suspended....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Britt inadvertently reveals lockout contact with Titans coach
    NFL.com
    Published: Sept. 13, 2011 at 10:05 a.m.
    Updated: Sept. 13, 2011 at 10:29 a.m.

Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt has yet to be punished by the NFL for his multiple run-ins with the law during the offseason, but he might have inadvertently gotten his team in hot water for an entirely different issue.

During an interview with WGFX-FM in Nashville, Tenn., Britt said he wasn't concerned about a possible suspension and added that he doesn't get nervous when he gets a random call from an unknown number. But in explaining his confidence, Britt let it slip that he received calls from Titans wide receivers coach Dave Ragone during the lockout.

"I don't answer no phone calls that I don't know the area code," Britt said in early August. "You can even ask my coach Raggy (Ragone) about that, he's been calling me all summer long. I told him, he's got to send me a text before I'll answer it."

It remains to be seen whether or not the league will punish Britt -- who had five receptions for 136 yards and two touchdowns Sunday -- for his offseason antics, but a phone call between a player and a coach is something the NFL might look into. Contact between players and coaches was impermissible during the 4½-month lockout, which ended in late July.

Tampa Bay Bucanneers coach Raheem Morris confirmed reports Monday that he called tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. and cornerback Aqib Talib during the lockout, but the Bucs have yet to be notified for any penalty.

The Titans will look to rebound from their Week 1 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars when they take on the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday.

i realllly hope nothing happens....

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

kenny britt should be required to wear a muzzle

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I can't see him getting a suspension. The organization or coach should be reprimanded.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

NFL definatly does NOT want too look into these allegations on the Titans or other teams. Not breaking this rule would have been stupid beyond belief. All 32 teams are guilty and they all know it, of course having a player stupid enough too admit it is definatly a Titan thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I don't think Britt would be in any trouble over this. The team will likely be fined but I don't see it going any further than that. Mayyyybe lose a late draft pick.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

he wont get suspended but we could lose a draft pick or get fined.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Raheem Morris admitted he talked to a couple of players and will probably be fined. I doubt Kenny gets anything more than a fine.

But for the love of god, Kenny, stop talking.

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

This was news back in August when he said it. I believe the penalty for a coach talking to a player during the lockout has been established that the coach will be fired for "cause".

Nothing will happen to Britt. It's all on Ragone.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

This is actually old news. Not sure why it's just now getting attention.

Lockout was retarded and its rules were retarded. Let it slide. Not a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar