Britt done with Titans after this year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

To be fair, I think they both suck. It's a mutual thing.

edit: Locker and brittle, I mean.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I actually agree. That was one of the worst passes I've ever seen Locker throw because it's a throw that literally anyone could make... as in me.

Locker has got to learn that there's no need to rocket every pass. That's insane. Put some touch on that ball and it's an easy completion that could end up leading to a Rob Del Greco FG FTW.

I mean, how far was Locker from Britt on that throw... 5 yards at the most. Unbelievable.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Yea it was ridiculous that Locker messed that throw up.

4. CaseyTrain

CaseyTrain Starter

He saw a double safety blitz and just blew his load. Hopefully he will learn patience

5. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans receiver Kenny Britt said on Wednesday he’s not a selfish player, and explained that his controversial Twitter post from a day earlier was in frustration to coaches saying he was benched for mistakes and a lackadaisical approach to blocking.

“I am not a selfish person,’’ Britt said, “and I really don’t care about getting the ball or anything like that. It’s just a point of them saying they took me out because of (me not blocking). They took me out because of a penalty or holding.”

Britt, who is in the final year of his contract, issued a tweet Tuesday that read: “Looks like the Titans pullin that Jared Cook card .. Looking like this the last year ill be sayin #TitanUp .. So lets make it a Great year.”

The comment came a day after Titans coach Mike Munchak said the team took Britt out of Sunday’s game against the Texans to allow him to “refocus.” Britt has three penalties in two games this season, including two holding calls.

In addition to his penalties, the Titans have also been upset with his approach as a blocker, and his inconsistent route running so far this season.

Titans coach Munchak said on Wednesday he has no plans to discipline Britt, who practiced on Wednesday and will play in Sunday’s game against the Chargers. Titans General Manager Ruston Webster talked to Britt and told him he doesn’t want him airing out his frustration in social media in the future.

Britt has five catches for 43 yards this season. He’s been on the field for 103 snaps, and has been targeted 11 times.

“I am not frustrated, because I am not a selfish player,’’ Britt said. “The tweet had nothing to me about not getting the ball or anything like that.”

Britt, who’s in the final year of his contract, said he’d like to be back with the Titans last season.

“I have no regret about the tweet,’’ he said. ”It’s more of a regret about how people took it and thought I was being selfish on my part, which really wasn’t the case.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

6. CaseyTrain

CaseyTrain Starter

It was amazing because we had the perfect play called, a quick slant up the middle and no safety

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sounds like his agent told him to STFU.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Sounds like Ruston told him to STFU.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Once again it was all just a big misunderstanding. Thanks for clearing it up Kenneth.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

some more BS from Mr. BS himself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar