Britt to meet with NFL in New York on Monday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt said Sunday he will meet with the NFL on Monday in New York.

Britt said he was unsure of what to expect, outside of plenty of questions.

The Titans have been expecting some type of disciplinary hearing for Britt, who’s been involved with eight run-ins with the law since entering the NFL. Most recently, Britt was given a DUI charge at Fort Campbell, Ky., last month.

Britt is in the midst of rehabilitating from three knee surgeries within the past calendar year. He’s currently on the team’s physically unable to perform list.

Prior to Britt saying he was headed to New York, Titans coach Mike Munchak said Sunday the team had not heard from the NFL in regards to Britt.

Source: Titans Insider

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Meeting Kenny in New York?

This is entrapment.

3. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[float][​IMG][/float] As if Titans receiver Kenny Britt didn’t have enough problems, he’ll be heading to 345 Park Avenue on Monday for a meeting that could lead to a suspension.

What I expect tomorrow is a lot of questions,” Britt said Sunday, via the Associated Press.

There will be a lot of questions because Britt has had eight incidents during his NFL career. Former Titans cornerback Pacman Jones was suspended a full year in 2007 after his 10th incident.

The only thing that may save Britt from a suspension is the fact that his most recent arrest, for drunk driving, falls under the substance-abuse policy. And since it’s Britt’s first DUI arrest, he may escape with a two-game fine.

Then there’s the fact that the charges against Britt aren’t resolved, and may not be before the end of the season.

Thus, other than the lingering knee issue tracing to last season’s torn ACL, Britt may have no impediments to his ability to play.

Still, even without a suspension, Britt will indeed face a lot of questions.

Or maybe there will be only one: “Kenny, what the hell is wrong with you?”

[​IMG]
    Source: Pro Football Talk

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I hope Goodell was in a good mood after hearing about the Vilma penalty reduction rumors.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

As long as it is not more than 4 games I will be okay. It is unlikely he would have been 100% then anyway.

The only thing I am really hoping for is that this guy learns something.

6. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

DALTON, Ga. After meeting with NFL officials on Monday in New York, Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt will have to wait to find out his punishment from the league. And so will the Titans.

Coach Mike Munchak said Monday he didn’t expect to hear anything from Commissioner Roger Goodell immediately. He did acknowledge it would be nice to know something as soon as possible since it would help the team moving forward.

“I think it is (best) for everybody,” Munchak said. “I think it is just part of the process where we have to wait and see where this thing goes. But you always want to know what is going on.”

Britt has had eight incidents involving police since the Titans selected him in the first round of the 2009 draft. Last month, he was charged with DUI as he tried to enter the Army post at Fort Campbell, Ky. He’s awaiting a court date.

Britt could not be reached for comment following his visit to New York. An NFL spokesman declined comment.

Last year, Britt met with Goodell following a number of incidents that occurred during the lockout. In that meeting, Goodell indicated that any future issues would not be so easily overlooked.

Munchak didn’t want to speculate about the possibility of a suspension for Britt, who is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform list because of recent knee surgeries.

“That is pretty much a private matter between (Britt) and the league. We know he is there and that is pretty much all we know,” Munchak said. “We’ll just have to see what happens.”

Source: Titans Insider

7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Thank you for writing an article informing us that nothing has changed and there is nothing at all to report. Keep the non-news coming.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I was thinking the word would come down today.

9. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I'm telling ya, they know Britt is rehabbing and will want him to miss games that he would actually play. wouldnt surprise me to give him 6 games off just to make sure it effects us.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I could care less about it affecting us, it needs to affect him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar