Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Britt: Unfair to compare with Peterson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 1, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

Less than a year after reconstructive knee surgery, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson came within nine yards of breaking the NFL’s single-season rushing record.

With even more time to recover from a devastating knee injury of his own, Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt recently completed what he called the worst season of his career.

Britt said it’s unfair to compare his situation to Peterson’s.

“He is just a freak of nature, period, even before the knee,” Britt said. “But seeing Adrian Peterson makes me feel like I want to be a running back. Just hand me the ball and I can just run. As a wide receiver there is more stopping and planting and getting back used to catching the ball than just being handed off the ball and starting running. There’s a big difference.’’

Look for more on Britt coming up tomorrow.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. ImTheCrew Special Teams Standout

Bironas
    Moolah:
    $468
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,958
    Lol
    GoT high fives this.
  4. Alzarius Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $23,585
    Britt is one of those people who should just refuse interviews.
    ncaalover12, Big TT and GoT high five this.
  5. Riverman Raise the Wrath

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,566
    I get what he is saying. It just isn't the sort of thing that you say without subjecting yourself to the agenda of the media.
    Obie09 and Scarecrow high five this.
  6. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $84
    He has a pretty valid point.
    Sonic28, Deuce Wayne and Riverman high five this.
  7. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,857
    Britt is our new starting RB, bench CJ.

Until his 2nd carry when he gets a season ending injury
    Gunny, Scarecrow, GoT and 1 other person high five this.
  8. Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

GoTitans.com
    Moolah:
    $2,794
    I would think that taking the pounding that a feature back takes throughout the season would be even tougher than it is for a receiver. Plus Britt got hurt in week three and had even more time to recover and rehab. He is right though, AP is a freak of nature but bottom line his work ethic and burning desire to be the best is what helped AP comeback while Britt was busy getting drunk and trying to catch some tail instead of training and rehabbing, that's the biggest difference. That and AP isn't made of glass.
  9. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,618
    Only GoTitans.com would think otherwise.

People criticizing him like crazy when he overachieved by anyone that had realistic expectations.

"Look at Adrian Peterson...if you work hard" - I've read at least 4 time on this site. Like it's a common occurrence to come back from an ACL (Britt injured BOTH knees, by the way) and AP isn't a rare situation...
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  10. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    he still has brick hands