Britt unsure what future holds

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Geez... you do realize he's not getting much playing time solely BECAUSE he sucked so bad when he was getting PT right?

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He's caught 8 of 25 balls thrown his way. And he probably has as many, if not more, drops and penalties as he does catches. He hurts us more than he helps us at this point. No HC in the league would leave a guy like that in as the starter. They gave him plenty of chances to break out of his "slump". He couldn't do it. Next man up.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

there's always one coach whose cocky enough to say I can fix this guy.

time will tell if Britt is above these coaches.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

You do realize that I was just simply stating that he hasn't really sucked on the field the last 2 or 3 games b/c he hasn't seen the field. He hasnt had a drop at least in the last 2 games.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The only reason I'm posting in this thread is because I'm sensing a mob mentality. If you look at Britt's career summary here, he really hasn't warranted the degree of hate in this thread. Dumb- yes. Immature/selfish- early years but appears to have improved.

The guy had a devastating injury trying to get extra yards in what appeared to be his banner year. He almost certainly would have been worth the 1st round pick if that injury had not occurred. He re-habbed diligently and responsibly. He has struggled with his comeback attempt, particularly this year, but nearly every pro athlete is in a slump at some point in their career. He made an honest but dumb twitter comment which outraged fans who had hopes the franchise's patience would pay off this year. No doubt it drew the ire of the coaches as well. I'm certain all the criticism/scrutiny put pressure on him to perform which had also had a negative effect.

My point in all this is that the hate doesn't do anybody any good except vent. Yes, I know it's a forum and venting is part of it. I'm doing it now. But the hate is borderline ridiculous, borderline mob mentality. Fans should want Britt to dominate again, not GTFO, because it helps the team. It would be different if KB was running around creating a locker room distraction but he has taken the high road thus far during his slump. A lot of fans here can't say the same. According to Munch, KB has been working hard to get through the slump. And people are crazy if they think that Justin Hunter has developed enough RIGHT NOW to be a better option than KB without the drops.

KB isn't going anywhere. We should give him some necessary snaps to get his confidence back up and see if he can get through this slump in a couple of weeks. We aren't going anywhere if he doesn't.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

we can't give him snaps, he costs us points. he hasn't taken the high road either. read his comments and watch his actions(49ers game). the sooner you realize he's a punk that doesn't have the game to stay in this league the better.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Every single Titans fan (or at least 99.99999%) wanted him to dominate again this year.

He hasn't. He hasn't even been good.

Why continue to waste time on the guy? We aren't going to franchise him. We aren't going to re-sign him. So what is the point? I'd just assume never hear about Britt again.

Time to move forward with Wright and Hunter. They are the future. And I don't see how Hunter could do much worse than Britt has this year. Washington may even be a part of the long term future plans and want to retire a Titan. We know that is not going to happen with Britt.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

lol yeah I guess you're right. I'm not overly impressed that he's not dropping balls because he's not on the field though.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I was a Britt defender. Friends would tell me he is an ass and I would defending. Before the year I told them all Kenny was primed for a huge year. He showed up in shape, was not arrested in the offseason, should be fully recovered from those knee injuries and it is a contract year. I was pumped for a huge year for Britt. Instead he is having his worst year ever.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly.

I expected big things from him this year.... then the season started. I held out hope it was just a fluke bad game. "Maybe next week". Nope. Still sucks. "Maybe next week." Nope. Not this week either. Etc. Etc. At some point you just have to recognize the reality of the situation and call it a day.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar