Britt, Washington will see more action against Detroit

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans should get a boost in the passing game against Detroit as Nate Washington and Kenny Britt continue to see their health improve.

Washington didn’t practice at all last week due to a leg contusion, and he was on the field for just 22 of the Titans’ 42 offensive snaps. Britt, playing in his first game in close to a year, was on the field for 19 snaps.

The two combined for just three catches and 25 yards.

“I’m assuming Nate is over the hump with his leg, so he should be okay as far practicing on Wednesday,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “Kenny got through pretty well for playing about 19 plays, which is what we talked about him doing, so that worked out decent there.

“It’s just a matter of – I’m sure he’s sore – (but) having another good week of practice, so he can start running more routes and doing different things that maybe he couldn’t do this weekend. So hopefully he’ll continue to add to that number as we go.”

Running back Javon Ringer (elbow) and tackle Mike Otto (finger, knee) are expected to return to practice this week, and defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks (knee) should be able to play against Detroit.

The big injury questionmark remains starting middle linebacker Colin McCarthy, who missed Sunday’s game with an ankle injury and remains in a walking boot.

Said Munchak: “McCarthy is probably the only one we don’t know yet until we get into the week.”

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Dang...will someone on this team give us a spark?

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Can we get someone to pass it to them?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Having Nate and Kenny at full speed is the only way we stand any chance in this game.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think the only way we have a chance in this game is if we break megatron's legs before kickoff. We don't have a single player that can defend him. 3rd stringer Rosario took it to us, Calvin will have a field day against our weaklings. Hopefully not, but I really don't see how in the world we expect to cover him. They won't even need to run the ball, they can just throw it to megatron every down.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Start any and every Lion you have in fantasy!!

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I have Calvin Johnson in fantasy and I am benching him. I don't want to benefit in any way from a Titans loss.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Me neither. That's why I benched Philip Rivers this past week, I figured he would light us up and he did but I wanted no part of it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

We could have both of our safeties along with McCourtey covering Megatron and he'd still have a field day. Its the best WR in the NFL vs the worst DBs. It's not gonna be pretty.

10. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Start the 3rd string RB for the Lions youll get 20+ points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar