Britt's position?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chem, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chem

Chem Camp Fodder

With Washington out, is Britt practicing at flanker or split end? Anyone know? Think he will get more or fewer targets than Gage?

2. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

If he plays as good as he has shown he can during the regular season, I'd wager a bet that he'd easily be our #1 by next season.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If? Britt has to play good, or we could have issues.

Double team Gage and stack the box on CJ. we would be screwed.

Britt and the TE's have to step up big.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'd like for Britt and Cook to see more action

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

Me too. Puck is correct.

6. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

You're right!

I don't know how we managed to go 13-3 last year with out him!

Suggesting that Britt has to play good or we COULD have problems is the same as saying that Ringer HAS to play good or we COULD have problems...

He is a rookie. I don't expect a lot out of him this year. I'd like to see a positive year out of him, but no reason to expect it. Nor do we absolutely need him to play well in order to have a good season.

Offensively, we've haven't downgraded. We have plenty of weapons for Britt to not play like a HOF'er this season. Don't forget we also have Washington opposite Gage, regardless of his current injury.

Once the regular season starts and we start game planning like its a regular season game, we'll see a more productive running game than we have during this preseason.

Our FO has added more firepower to our offense, no reason to think that teams will just load up on the run. Teams will have to respect our passing game a little more now or it will go over their heads for 6 on a regular basis!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

they're interchangeable in our offense. the WR runs the route, drops the pass and then jogs back to the huddle.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The question really should be, can Britt be better than JMac?

I really hope it's a yes.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The real question is:

Can he stay healthy?

(He is a 1st round Titans WR, remember?)

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Britt is a tough, and confident guy. So I am positive he will put himself in position to maximize his opportunities, unlike our WR's in years past. If he has to be our No. 2 vs. Pittsburgh he will be lined up as our No. 2, and bring his 'A' game, and become our go to WR by October. If Washington is in and healthy, I wouldn't think we need Britt to show up. He will, but not so much since he would only see 1/3 of the plays he could being the No. 2 WR. I initially thought Britt wasn't worth the 30th overall pick due to being big only at Rutgers and getting hurt months ago, but as I see him doing his thing I begin seeing why he was drafted in the 1st round. The guy is ready to become an All-Pro, no question he is there as a rookie. I'll be the first to admit I had him all wrong at first, and I'm saying this based on preseason work. If we thought Plaxico was something, Britt is more. I hope he gets rookie of the year, because he could be that good. Problem is; if he wins the Rookie of the Year award, whats that mean for our RB's? I'd never expect a Titans WR to win any award, but Britt's for real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar