Brock Osweiler is greatest trade in history.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

The osweiler trade? No it wasnt

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

For the Browns it was, absolutely brilliant. I would not be shocked if the league bans moves like this in the future.

I am not being sarcastic here, not even a little

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I agree. I don't think the league will like salary dump trades.

The whole point of requiring teams to spend cap is to increase parity, not have teams selling cap space for draft pics.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. The Hammer

Yeah, goes against the spirit of the law. Which is why I can see them finding a way to stop this. That league office is full of lawyers after all

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

it was a good trade on both parts.

Osweiler doesn't matter. The Browns got an extra 2nd round pick in 2018 in exchange for cap space. The Texans freed up much needed cap space in exchange for giving up their 2nd rounder. It was a win-win for both teams.

May or may not happen, but that's just more ammunition for the Browns to try and trade for JimmyG.

6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

But why is it smart for the Browns to spend all that cap scape and get no productivity out of it?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Would you trade 10 million of Titans cap space for an extra second rounder?

I would.

When is the last time the Titans have been in a season with less than 10 mil in cap space? When is the last time the Browns have?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

BO will cost them 16 million this year. If a second round pick is worth 16 mill plus the salary of the player drafted then ok.
    Its the browns, while i see what they are doing, its still the Browns and ill believe it will work when i see it.

9. The Hammer

Because they were not going to use it anyway. The Browns have insane cap space because of one good ants to go there. They we're actually going to have trouble meeting the minimum amount of cap space to use.

10. MarcAurelius

MarcAurelius Special Teams Standout

Not sure he technically qualifies, but Osweiler has already been added to the infamous Browns QB jersey.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar