Brock Osweiler to Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, Mar 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Whose article did you copy and paste this from?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

None, idiot.

As usual you have nothing to say, certainly nothing of value. So what is your opinion on topic a-wipe? An alleged college student? You post like you can't wipe your own butt without help.

A waste of time.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Amazing how these conversations go to hell. It was another poster who brought up Kevin Kolb not me. And i hardly announced he was a hall of fame player i simply said he was "not terrible".

In Kolb's last season on the field, 2012 he started 5 games. His team won 3 of those games. His passing rating was 86 with 8 TDs and 3 ints. That's not terrible! That's all i said.

4. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

Texans are bringing in Russell Okung for a visit. :gaah:

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Whats Fitzpatrick worth to you guys?

Kind of surprised he's getting low balled considering he had virtually the same season as Brock Osweiler.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Top backup QBs make about $5M a year. If i was a GM of a team needing a stop gap starter for a couple of years i would offer him a 2 year $13-15M deal with a $4M SB. About $2M of that would be incentives based on starting at least 10 games and meeting some performance goals.

He's fairly consistent and not injury prone, over 100 starts. I would rate him above some well regarded backups like Chase Daniel.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Osweiler deal does protect the Texans a bit at the end if he was to go bust or become a full fledged Manziel retard.

First the signing bonus was only $12M which was 16% of the total. Normally the SB is 30% of a big deal like that. This means that the prorated cap hit is only $3M a year in case they decide to release him after 2 seasons.

The "guaranteed" salary money is on the back end of the deal so if they released him in January 2018 he gets none of that. .

Another smart aspect of the deal is that he gets a $5M roster bonus this year. That applies to this years cap hit which was smart since his salary this year s just $4M.

So in short he is a cap hit of $12M this year, $16M in 2017 and if right after the 2017 season they decide to toss him the only remaining hit would be the $3M prorated SB for the next 2 years.

8. Prideful

Prideful Starter

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Some of that article is lame. So what if every team passed on him once? Every team passed on Russell Wilson twice and many 3 times. Every team passed on Brady 5 times!

According to football outsiders the 4th best QB in the nfl last year was Andy Dalton. Is he even the best Qb on his team!

Oh Mariota was the 30th best QB last year according to their system.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

The Texan's front office is obviously retarded. Maybe we should offer them Mettenberger for their 2nd Round pick.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar