Broncos DB with some choice words for the officials ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah someone on facetwit tweet this...

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I wonder if Talib can be fined for his threat to beat Douglas' ass in Atlanta too? That doesn't look good for the league when they have players threatening harm to other players. That should fall under one of their many rules about "tarnishing the shield."

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Here's a question... seems the biggest complaints have been that it happened away from the play, but... is it apparent that Douglas simply doesn't know? He's watching the defender, not the runner. How's he supposed to know?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

A defender typically reacts to the ball by watching the receiver, not just the ball. Douglas had one job, block Harris... did Douglas react to Harris?

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

He doesn't and that was what Mukarkey said, he was reacting to where the defender was going. He also said on the show tonight that it was perfectly legal, and he had been in the league for years and never seen anyone lit up about it.

He also pointed out right at the beginning of the show when the Broncos went 3 and out, that the sack by Morgan was caused by a Bronco ATTEMPTING A CUT BLOCK AND MISSING, thus letting Morgan get to Siemian. He had no problem with that attempted block either. It's football.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Oh, I know it's a perfectly legal hit. What I seem to be hearing the most complaints about is that it's not near the run - but Douglas doesn't seem to know this.

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

As you say, Douglas can't look behind and ahead at the same time. His job is to play (and block) until he hears a whistle. That simple. What if he doesn't block and Harris makes a tackle? Hell to pay.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. RTH

RTH Meh...

That's the point. I don't "hear" this argument. Just how unnecessary it was, being far away from the play.

9. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Yep. 2 Broncos offensive plays later, which was the 13 yard run and fumble on 2nd down on their 2nd drive, that whole was opened up by a cutblock, too. I think by the RT. Until the Broncos condemn their own offense, their opinion doesn't carry any weight ... they're just whining.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

It was Klug who shoved Talib to the ground. Williamson got a piece of him on the way down but he had already lost his balance and was falling backwards to the ground by the time Williamson got his hands on him. It's tough to see it without slowing it way down or freezing it. I remember seeing it on the original broadcast replay and I could have sworn it was Lewan but it obviously wasn't him because he went to the other side of the field and sat down lol. The official was partially obstructing the view and he moved out of the shot just as Williamson got part of his jersey on the way down. Starts at the 1:45 mark in that video that was posted

#70 Anthony4Titans, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar