Broncos @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atreyu915

atreyu915 Camp Fodder

Penalties are going to happen, and yes some of our penalties are ignorant penalties, special team mistakes are going to happen as well.
    I don't understand your logic in placing blame for a loss on a particular play. Let's look at the real root of the issue and that is the play calling coming from the sidelines.
    The real gut twisting concern is that the coaching is going to outlive the excellent lineup that we have right now. It is frusterating that we have such a high caliber offense that is not being utilized in the most effective manner. That is a system problem that needs correcting at the top, not an individual player issue! You do understand that right? maybe? :irked:

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's not about the overall numbers. It's about reverting to the same old lame old style he always does when he has a small lead. He ALWAYS takes the foot off gas and gives the other team a chance to get back in it back in it. Orton is a serious threat passing.

Up 20-16 on our own 4 with four and a half minutes to go and here's what we do....

1st-10, TEN4 4:32 C. Johnson rushed to the left for 3 yard gain
    2nd-7, TEN7 3:48 C. Johnson rushed to the right for 8 yard gain
    1st-10, TEN15 3:42 C. Johnson rushed to the right for no gain
    2nd-10, TEN15 3:01 C. Johnson rushed to the right for 1 yard loss
    3rd-11, TEN14 2:56 V. Young incomplete pass to the right
    4th-11, TEN14 2:42 B. Kern punt. E. Royal returned punt for 5 yards

3. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

You do the analysis or just read the effing box score "so more of Ringer'? Huh??? He got the ball twice today last week 6 times? So, much for Fisher and his going to give it to Ringer more. How many time did they give it to Ringer after the 54 yarder=0!

4. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

orton threw the ball 50 ing times. they couldnt run they passed. We couldnt run we kept running. Titnas had the ball for about 50 snaps the broncos had it for over 70. The broncos threw the ball moving the chains. the titans ran the ball. CJ's longest rush of the day was 8 ing yards.

Titans 1st downs 3 rushing 8 passing. Hmmmm what should we have done?

Broncos 1st downs 3 rushing 17 passing. Hmmmm what did they do?

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yep...like I figured while still in the chat room....Fisher hate time on the board.

Our Offensive Line needs to pick it up. Roll Tide is right...21 runs to 29 passes is NOT conservative. There were at least two plays during the time where we were "conservative" that a PA pass resulted in VY sharing the backfield with a DL basically coming in unblocked. Hard to convert in situations like that, and that was not coaching.

Kudos to the Defense, except for the bonehead offsides penalties. We have to stop the five yard spots, especially with teams that cannot run on us.

Verner looked good for his first full game out, and will be very good soon I think. Mariani played well, made a rookie mistake on that short kick, but will learn. VY played well I think, and is continuing to mature (positive sign that he actually threw the ball away and took sacks when nothing was there...again, the O Line needs to pick it up).

2-2 is better than 0-4 (like we were last year). I would like to be better as well, but it is what it is. We will improve if our Offensive Line starts playing up to their potential.

6. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I agree our O line has no push whats so ever.And looking at the big picture this is gonna be a BIG issue.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

How can you be serious? That is legit...Jeff Fisher let the Broncos have a shot. It's not the amount of pass plays, its when they're called. Jeff Fisher gets a hard on at the idea of running CJ into a 9 man front. Good teams attack. Jeff Fisher wants to win every game by less then 3 points. When you don't attack you give teams opportunities to get back in the game. Yes, the PI and the muff at the end were ultimately what lost it for us, but a few good plays could have changed all that. I almost puked when we ran 5 times in a row then punted after that HUGE red zone stop our D pulled out. Give me a damn break.

8. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

You do the analysis or just read the effing box score "so more of Ringer'? Huh??? He got the ball twice today last week 6 times? So, much for Fisher and his going to give it to Ringer more. How many time did they give it to Ringer after the 54 yarder=0!

9. MikeyDay

MikeyDay Clutch like a stick shift

This was a freebie for the Broncos more then a win. Broncos know it we know it. No way u get owned the whole game and self destruct in the final 2 mins. Mariani is really pissing me off. Fumbled against Steelers in a crucial moment and he pretty cost us the game in the end here. Him and Hope. Mariani fumbles one more time he should be cut easily.

2nd worst loss ive had since the Charger loss when we were beating them 17-3 and they came back and refs cheated for em on the Chambers non catch a catch. In that game too we ran the ball when it was time to throw. Fisher is seriously costing us chances to produce a big play by running. Im not saying he cost us the game but it shows in crucial moments Fisher continues to make the worst play calling

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

If Mariani hadnt muffed that punt, Fisher would have still ran CJ up the middle for a 3 yard loss. it would have come down to VY having to pass 13 yards with a Blitz coming. and you know this man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar