Brown gets early hook against Cards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans starting linebacker Zach Brown said he was pulled from Sunday’s loss in the first quarter and didn’t return to the field.

Brown said his final play came on Arizona’s second offensive series, a 26-yard pass completion to Cardinals running back Andre Ellington. Brown made the tackle on the play, which preceded Arizona’s first touchdown.

“(Ellington) just ran a `seven’ route through the zone and we were in cover two,” Brown said. “He caught the ball and just ran right up the seam.”

Was that the sole reason Brown was benched for the remainder of the contest?

“I don’t know,” Brown said. “You’d have to the ask people that make the decisions.”

Brown came into the game as the Titans’ second-leading tackler (102), and his four sacks were tied for second on the team. But rookie Zaviar Gooden started in front of Brown last week in Denver and played almost as many snaps, leading Brown to question the team’s linebacker rotation.

“It’s tough,” Brown said. “I’m just trying to hang in there, get through the season. If I’m not going to play on defense, I may as well ask to play special teams.”

Titans coach Mike Munchak was asked after the game if Brown had been hurt during the contest.

“I don’t know that he got injured,” Munchak said. “They started playing some other linebackers and got in some other packages. During the game, I’m not quite sure how much he actually did play.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He questioned why the LBs were rotating last week too. Mutiny.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

It blows my mind how a head coach doesn't know how much one of his starters is playing, not to mention one of his better ones.

• High Five High Five x 11
  4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Clearly the coaches have lost the respect of the players.

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. razordaman

razordaman Starter

Is this guy dumb? Your supposed to our fast cover lb. You never read a rb coming out of the backfield ever. You can't catch up to the rbs and when you tackle them it usually after 8+yards and you tackle them from behind. Do you watch film of yourself? You can't cover and your supposed to be a coverage lb which means you don't play the run well. So guess what? We don't need you on the field. Hopefully the coach tells you that or you can watch your own film.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Keep speaking your mind, Brown..

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

This is bad.

8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Mid season, Munch was asked (on his t.v. show) why Stevens and Thompson weren't more involved. He had no idea that the two had zero catches between the two of them at the time.

He actually said, "None?....wow".

After that, I'm not putting anything past him. Bless his heart....

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

One of the main issues I have with Munchek is in regards to how both of our young, talented outside linebackers have taken a step back. Both Ayers and Brown played well last season and both have regressed, most likely because Munchek fire Bush and hired his buddy.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Brown is our best LB I have no clue what you are talking about. You sound like a clueless pissed off fan.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar