Brown gets early hook against Cards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Basically I mean that we sucked so badly last season, that we looked for any glimmers of hope and Ayers and Brown gave us that because of their ability in some games. Basically, we over valued them because we sucked so badly, and hyped them up to be more than they actually are.

Theres a reason why Brown is getting less snaps. What that is, we dont know. However based on what statistics we do have, and what I have seen this year (I have seen Brown get beat several times), maybe we thought they were more than they are.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Sorry but not playing brown is a travesty.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Dude if you can't tell from watching the games that our entire LB group including McCarthy have taken a huge step back, then I don't know what to tell you. Sure their stats may look the same, but remember: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics".

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You can be a good pass rusher without the sacks.

The almost sack is just as good remember...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Yeah, Derrick Morgan is a good d-end. Don't know where that came from. Now, do I wish we had an elite pass rusher opposite him? hell yes, but don't down Derrick Morgan. He's an all-around player with far better than average pass rushing.

As for the linebackers...I just got into this argument in another thread. Ayers is not good...never has been. I don't care what his stats say. I've paid close attention to him and he's just not good as a 43 OLB. Now, if we ran 34, there's no doubt it'd be a different story, but if he's doing anything other than rushing the passer, he's just flat out not good.

ZB is OK. He has all the tools, and he already proved he has what it takes, but we definitely need to get a real coach in here to help him build and not go backwards.

McCarthy and Fokuo...eghhhh....That's really all you can say. You gotta like McCarthy. He has all the tools to be great, but so damn injury prone. It kind of reminds me of our QB situation right now. You got the promising young guy with all the talent, but he can't stay healthy to save his life, so we have to rely on the completely average guy for 10 of the 16 games. Not the best situation a team can be in.

Like I said before, our linebacker situation is extremely rocky. First things first though. We gotta get a coach. We can go from there after that. Who knows. Maybe Gooden will turn into a beast with someone actually teaching him, and then our defense can finally be rid of Slawkeem Ayers.

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

what baffles my mind is these coaches that are failing these players. How can you know that one of your players is injured or not!!! MUNCH YOU ARE A DOPE AND LOOK LIKE ONE TOO!!! To take Brown out of the game is completely asinine, he is one of our better players! Speak your mind brown, let the revolt begin!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

About two weeks ago...Munch had to ask Mike Keith who our starting QB was last season...

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Lol, you guys are hilarious. "I don't know what happened' is Belichick speech for none of your business. Munch knows exactly why Brown wasn't out there, he just wants to keep that in house. Since when has it been common that coaches speak in detail as to why a player was benched? That's almost always handled privately. Head coaches are not the most forthright people.

Zach Brown does have his struggles in coverage but whatever they did didn't work anyways since Eliington torched us in the passing game. Brown in the kind of guy you have to blitz. I'm not sure why we didn't blitz our backers more on a day like yesterday when pressure was anemic at times.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

so bench brown, deactivate hunter and give no detailed explanations to fans about either?? Why am I going to spend money and go to games if you are going to pull players like this sh**! No wonder the place looked empty on tv, I also saw a lot of red there too!

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I understand your frustration but PERSONALLY I'm holding out judgment until I hear the reasons for the benching. I know that coaches with their job on the line don't bench productive players for no reason. If it comes out Hunter was benched for breaking curfew or something like that, you can throw this statement in the fire cause I will be PISSED. However for now, benching players and not telling fans why is not unprecedented and is actually standard operating procedure so I'm not too bothered by it, yet....

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar