Brown gets early hook against Cards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This.. this.. and THIS

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really hate how some of these threads get merged, I understand we had about three on Brown, but with new information coming to light it makes people look stupid.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Okay.. that makes sense.

I was wondering if I had slipped into the twilight zone or something

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

In all honesty, I am just ready for this season to be over with. The only thing worse than a losing season, is a losing season filled with a bunch of non sense. What a terrible way to end a season.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that right there is a lost lockeroom folks

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

a heartfelt message too 'the Diva' ?

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I actually still agree with Brown and the mentality that he's talking about is exactly what I teach. If you think you can make the play, go make the play, don't hesitate and don't be scared of messing up. There's a big difference between freelancing and taking chances for making a play.

Also has anyone even looked at the 6 plays? Here's the list:
    • 1-10-ARI 20 (15:00) 3-C.Palmer pass short left to 86-J.Ballard to ARI 20 for no gain (94-S.Hill).
    • 2-10-ARI 20 (14:22) 3-C.Palmer pass incomplete short right to 11-L.Fitzgerald.
    • 3-10-ARI 20 (14:15) (Shotgun) 3-C.Palmer pass incomplete short right to 38-A.Ellington.

• 1-10-ARI 23 (9:28) 38-A.Ellington right end to ARI 36 for 13 yards (55-Z.Brown).
    • 1-10-ARI 36 (8:46) 3-C.Palmer pass short left to 15-M.Floyd pushed ob at ARI 49 for 13 yards (53-M.Fokou).
    • 1-10-ARI 49 (8:14) (Shotgun) 3-C.Palmer pass deep right to 38-A.Ellington to TEN 25 for 26 yards (55-Z.Brown).

The pass to Ellington looked like a form of Tampa 2, with Fokou dropping deep hole and the safeties playing deep 1/2. The pass was right on the boundary between McCourty and Browns zones and considering Brown had 2 additional receivers in his zone underneath and Fitzgerald had already gone into the safeties deep zone, I would put that more on McCourty than Brown.
      Then you have the 13 yard run, which I unfortunately don't have film of, but that was only the first of many long runs broken by the Cards RB's so why single Brown out for 1 bad play?
      Even if you say Brown had responsibility for Ellington on the pass, he was in position to make the tackle so I don't understand at all why that would get him pulled.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

It was more because of the coaches and him disagreeing in the last few weeks more than it was because of play. The coaches arnt always the most mature. I'm siding with brown.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't know about that, but I certainly don't see how Brown has performed worse than any of the other players out there. As he rightly points out, you don't get to be the 2nd leading tackler on the team if you're not giving effort.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

To be fair, I've always thought you were dumb... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar