Brown Not Traded

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the NFL trade deadline come and gone, RB Chris Brown will remain a Titan for the rest of the season. GM Floyd Reese said Brown was involved in some trade talk but nothing serious ever developed. "We haven't changed our stance on Chris since the beginning of training camp," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "We feel it is important to have three solid backs on our roster and we do right now." Brown has 112 yards on 37 carries this season. He will become an unrestricted free agent next March.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

crap

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

No one wanted him.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Or more likely they'd just rather wait and get him for free after the season if we choose to keep Henry and White.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I've been a Henry backer since the day we drafted him. I've been a fan of his since his college days and I honestly think he's a better fit for us, but I'm glad to see Brown remain on the roster. I don't think we could've gotten much for him and it's nice to be deep at that position.

It's a long season and you never know what's going to happen.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

he's our new waterboy

7. zackmann

zackmann Guest

brown is as good as gone after this season....what teams will pursue him?

8. Sledge

Sledge Guest

The Rhein Fire

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

:ha:

If we go the rest of the season with an effective and healthy tandem of Henry and White, Brown isn't going to command much, but could be a nice bargain pickup for someone looking for a RBBC approach.

I don't think all 3 of our backs will stay healthy all season, though. A lot of football left to be played and something will shake out. If Henry or White gets hurt and Brown comes in and shines, we might have a tougher decision to make. We won't have all 3 of them on the squad next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar