Brown to start w/ White!!!????!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i just don't get it

Oct 23 Despite Henry's play on Sunday, which included a rushing touchdown, he will be the third-string running back when Chris Brown returns, the Tennessean reports.

Recommendation: Brown has done very little in terms of running the football for the Titans after exploding for 175 yards in Week 1. Still, with the injury histories of Brown and LenDale White, Henry may have value for fantasy owners later in the season. - yahoo sports

2. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

its time to play the most talented i agree

3. ONUV

ONUV Starter

veteran > rookie

4. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

So here's how I feel. Honestly, I've been a little board with our team this year. Young has been Okay, with a couple rusty games and being injured he hasn't had the same spark as he did last year, but he's going to be alright, I'm not worried. It's our running game that's eating me this year. For the longest time I couldn't stand LW, but now I don't think he's horrible but I'll like to just see him here and there, but he's the best when you need two yards, other than that he gets the ball-second later he's on the ground. He probably got so use to that he'll probably fall a second later if nobody's around. Brown's good, but he seems to get stopped easy too. But Henry gets me excited. I mean, if Vince has his "A" game, along with speedy Henry, B.Jones/Williams, and Pac-man back. And even White here and there. Oh, and Griffin too. Then we have a fun ball game. Much better than; two yards two yards 6 yard pass for a first down, field goal.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Relax...Brown will tweak the ankle by the second quarter and Henry will be in there running behind White. Here is what you can expect...

1st Quarter Brown = :spud:

2nd Quarter Brown = :injured:

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Wow :rolleyes:

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

There is nothing wrong with the way Brown is playing.

White is the one who should be at the back of the depth chart.Our red zone offense is bad because when get inside the 20 we go ultra conservative.

White has consistently proved that he can't string red zone 3 carries into a 1st down. That's not the O lines fault it's on White. He can't make a cut & he has no speed or drive. He rarely falls forward because he doesn't hit the tackler with any power other than body weight.

Most of his carries end with him being pushed over backwards. This isn't because he's a load to take down but because defenders are so quickly on him.He's an easy one dimensional target. If he could only get an extra half yard on each carry he would consistently move the chains. He is the reason we are constantly in 3rd & long.

We have the line to make the ground & pound Red Zone play calling work but White is no good for the role unless we only need 2 yards.
    :rant: :rant: :rant:

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We're calling Henry better than Brown based on a few carries Sunday?

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

TJ, surely you're familiar with how quickly people can make a judgment in here?

I'm fine with bringing brown back if he's healthy. One of the two will miss another game this season, and Henry will get another shot.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

Since we are judging backs based off one game...CBs best game was much better than Henrys best game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar