Brown's Agent Feels His Client a Better Fit Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

I dont think "Chow will be giving white most of the carries", this isn't a schoolyard football game, I'm sure chow did put his imput about White to the staff and FO during the draft, but why wouldn't he, he knows him as a player, he knows his work ethic and isn't the best way to make a good pick having the information behind a player and his abilities?? I would hardly say chow talked reese into Lendale, his track record and talent spoke for him, Chow coached him, who wouldn't want his imput.. As for who gets the majority of the carries it comes down to production, who EARNS the spot.. If brown stays, and he shows the type of player he can be and stay injury free, he'll get the carries, if he doesn't; just like with any other NFL team, he will get repleaced by someone who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job... i dont really care who is carrying the ball as long as we get our running game back, who's going to do the job best?? Brown, White, Henry... who knows, the only thing for certain is someone needs to step up...

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The real reason he doesn't feel like this is the best fit for him is probably a reason that will never be reported.
    Coach's or whatever have probably cued him into the fact that he's not part of their plan here, because of who know's why, but he's not.

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

i doubt the coaches have cued him or anything, they have made it clear he is the #1 back as of now, and i know i just as OF NOW but why not stay a prove yourself?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There is no way White will get the bulk of the carries anytime soon. He may be familiar with parts of Chow's offense but it takes time for any RB to learn how to pick up the blitz and running routes.

White isn't even in football shape right now. He'll be given a few packages but I don't expect White to get 1/3 of the carries as long as Brown stays healthy.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

henry wouldnt be here if brown could stay healthy.

:hmm:

6. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Featured back? Aren't those supposed to stay healthy?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bingo. :brow:

But few teams in the NFL don't use a second RB anymore.

8. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I think you're right about that. If Brown feels like he should leave now, it's because something has been done or said that makes him think he's future here isn't so bright.

But even that could be a misunderstanding...like when Sirmon wanted to be released after signing Thornton.

In reference to your other post...If he stays I sure hope he proves himself...I'm for the guys in the Titans uniform...whoever wears it.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

White probably wouldn't either

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

EXHIBIT A - trading a 3rd round pick for Travis Henry
    EXHIBIT B - using a 2nd Round pick on a potential monster

or maybe its because there have been rumors of Denver being interested in trading for a Titan, and Chris just said "hey, I don't mind Colorado"

I can't see Shanahan being real anxious in aquiring a back fairly similar to Tatum. I feel Heimerdinger is involved in some small way if Denver is interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar