Browns cancel meeting with Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Come Feburary I will be a huge Schwartz guy - same as it ever was

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:huh:

I haven't noticed that trend amongst posters here.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

when the D gets gouged for 1200ish yards in the last three games I blame the DC

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

The last game was all backups anyway, that doesn't really count IMO.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think the backups attend the same meetings as the starters. and it was backups on backups and the Titan backups were no more motivated than the starters were.

still 1200ish yards over final 3 games is not inspiring defensive play.

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

How many of those games included our best two D-linemen?

S-Dog believes in players ... if he thinks he does not have the personnel the team suffers. Might be his crux but I do not know many coaches who do not believe in the players ability that will be aggressive

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What's your point? Has your argument against Schwartz gotten so weak that your resorting to just pointing at three games, one of which didn't count and the one that REALLY counted we won with defense.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

continuation argument. See three games without FA last season ect....

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So is Josh McDaniels a bad offensive coordinator because without Tom Brady their best offensive player (as Big Al is our best defensive coordinator) the team lost five less games this year?

So now were up to six games huh? If your going to nit pick individual games and not look at the body of work and how much the defense has improved over the last three years than your just reaching. Fact is you can't win ever game and you can't hold every team to 100 total yards which I guess is what you expect us to do.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I expect the DC to change his approch, even mid game or middle of a drive, if what he is currently doing is not working. Jimbelina has proven that he would rather die the death of 1000 cuts than risk allowing a big play vs getting off the field.

Greg Williams, who is not gods gift to DCs, was willing too take that risk. Usually paid off with a punt.

Constantly allowing drives to linger puts immence pressure on the Titan O and allows the opponent to flip field position and control the clock.

Again, giving up two 16 play drives to the cows only put 3 cow points on the board. Those 3 points were not as important as the hole it dug for our O and the oppertunities it denied the O

But Jimbelina bragged about only allowing the 3 points on those drives in his post game interview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar