Browns cancel meeting with Schwartz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

as raw as that was the week 17 vs. NE came to mind because Jeff pointed out how close the Titans actually were to making the playoffs. I can even twist that knife.. as I recall the Titans needed a win and help... they got the help 3 and 1/2 hours after we walked out of the stadium no longer needing it. I don't know... I felt like we were in the SD game at times... That game against the Pats was much worse... especially when we found out that they had actually been cheating the whole league for years.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You think we were in a game we got beat 40-7?

:bully: <-- guess which one represents the Titans.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That cheapO TD by Flutie to run the score up showed the Patriots and Bellicheck don't know how to win with class, but it was not reported as so by the media...only a terrible stomp to a towel merits that...

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Wasn't it V. Testaverde and a pass?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AtRPEl4CkeqIXqQXwejnl2j.uLYF?gid=20061231010

And it was hailed as an achievement to route us on the way to taking us out of the playoffs.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Was that Vinnie Testicalessverde?

;)

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It was Testaverde...I get him and Flutie mixed up...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I appreciate many of the comments in this thread, some good ones.

Rightfully Schwartz deserves praise this season. He has the players he needs and has them ready to take advantage of his style of defense. I'd even say he's been more innovative than before. It's arguably his personal best season as a defensive coordinator, including his personal contributions as coach, not just statistically.

Talent helps make the coach. The coach helps make the talent. I think everyone agrees the relationship is dependent.

When it comes to Schwartz, I think talent is too big of a factor. Not wanting to repeat the same arguments ad nauseam, but my biggest problem in the down years was his lack of change from what wasn't working. Had it seemed like we were willing to try different players, try different formations, etc... even if that had failed, at least it would have shown a willingness for creativity and change. But unfortunately we continued to run a doomed scheme with little variation.

I really don't feel right bashing the guy, when as Bipolar said, this is a special time in Titans history that doesn't need to be taken for granted. Schwartz is part of this team's success and everything has really aligned well for this entire team's style of play. I'm excited to be a fan and along for the ride. And I really hope AH is feeling close to 100% Saturday.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I understand where your coming from as far as running something different because that wasnt working but with the talent we had on the field he probably didnt feel confident. We're never going to know the answer because he never tried it, so i can only base my opinion on the talent we had on the roster that year.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

nevermind. I might have been thinking of the time we hosted the Seahawks. Alexander, Tomlinson... whatever... That was 2005 anyways, wasn't it?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gentlemen, i think we are getting a little far afield here.

No aspect of the team exists completely seperate from the other. A defense needs help in terms of field position and TOP for the offense. I don't recall us ever having a damn good defense and a poor team overall. Not since 2001 when schwartz took over.

So why was schwartz always to blame when we were losing and then gets no credit when we win? It seems to be an obvious trend on this board that when we win it's because fisher is a genius but when we lose it is because of schwartz. The defensive record and the record of the team go hand in hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar