Browns cut ILB D'Qwell Jackson - fit for Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 26, 2014.

1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Great non-signing by us. I liked Jackson but that deal is plain stupid to me. What i most hate about it is that he is in an way setting the ILB market or at least it's bottom. Spikes, Moats, or Smith is what we need but if Jackson is getting that type of money i'm concerned we might have to overpay for them.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Good point, this is not going to help save us any money if the less talented ILB is getting top dollar like that.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Starter

Not really sure what you guys expect. That contract is structured to cut him after 2 years. ...and it was a significantly smaller contract than his Browns contract.
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

How much is he slated to make in those first 2 years?
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

$11mil is guaranteed. That's a bit more than I'd offer a 30 year old ILB.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He hasn't missed a game in 2 years soooo....

He's a better Lavonte David and less like McCarthy.
  7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

So the dude is still making the 5.5 mil per season we thought he was? Yeah, no thanks.
  8. steverife

steverife Starter

I'm not saying that I'd offer him that. I'm just saying that I'm not surprised. I think he was 4 years, $32 million with the Browns.
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

It made sense then because he was worth every penny at his prime. I know you're not saying we should pay him that amount and you're prob right, maybe I shouldn't be so shocked. Really hope this contract is an aberration in the market.
  10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I don't think you can say he's a better Lavonte David already that's a bit premature. David makes a ton of plays he has 6 ints and 8 sacks in two years along with a ton of tackles. Mosley is a tackle machine as well but doesn't make a ton of game changing plays. At #11 you better be a playmaker. He had no sacks or ints his senior year.
    • High Five High Five x 1