Browns cut ILB D'Qwell Jackson - fit for Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

I find it hard to believe that an ILB who put up 140 tackles last season is terrible. Sign him up!
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

That usually means they have a terrible DL lol.
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That says a lot about our D too considering our DBs have been our tackle leaders lately.
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

Interesting to see JC go off on this guy. I always thought of him as a really good player but admittedly I haven't watched the Browns consistently at all.God I need to get game rewind.
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

To say that Jackson is trash or not an upgrade to what we have is crazy. Jackson is a very reliable player. He is a reliable tackler. He has been healthy. The one thing that Jackson does not do enough of is make big plays. He doesn't force many fumbles or get a bunch of INTs or get a bunch of sacks. If you need a dependable run stuffing ILBer then Jackson is it. I think the comparison to Tulloch is a good one. Also could be compared to James Farrior or Larry Foote.

To me landing a solid MLBer should be the number 1 priority in FA. From a cap standpoint it makes more sense to pay a FA MLBer than to draft one early in the draft versus paying BIG money for a CB or edge rusher in FA. Use the early draft picks to try to fill the expensive holes on your roster.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Totally agree.
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Starter

Let's end this argument by simply looking at PFF stats about him. That will tell us all that we need to know...
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Yes, but that isn't his fault -- he's making tackles, stopping runs, most likely.
  9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay regardless of how you feel about Jackson's talent let me just point a few things out...

-We have more immediate holes to fill than just our 2 early picks (not counting on any others to contribute immediately) so a move needs to happen.
    -Regardless on your feelings of Jackson, he is an upgrade over what we have and he's not going to cost and arm and a leg this time around.
    -He knows the system, which is huge considering we're making a move from the 4-3 to the 3-4, the less learning pains the better this year.
    -Big locker room guy and leader, we need another one of those guys to go along with Pollard, Levitre, Walker (I guess), and Wilson.

There's 4 huge positives here.
    • High Five High Five x 4
  10. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

You watched the Browns play? I call bull