Browns possibly interested in trading the #2 pick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JBC, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Move him to RT or corner for year, can't be worse than last year...

• LOL LOL x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Obviously a joke

but imagine actually doing that? A 4.7 speed guy at CB? Or a 237lb RT... Id cry

3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Yeah and Bortles has done well, that raises Wentz's stock. I personally think Wentz has to go top 2 , we probably trade out and he goes first. Wentz has all the tools for today's NFL. On the surface , besides level of competition, he looks like an amazing prospect. Big, strong , fast ,good arm, smart and a good kid . Trust me when it hits the fan either the Browns or someone's coming up to get him, never fails.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

that's exactly what it is.

We just need to be sure to tell any interested partner that "we will consider the best offer for the #1 pick up until the pick." I'd also tell them the "cost" of a guarantee would be based on where their pick is:

Picks 2-4: 90% JJ chart
    Picks 5-8: 110% JJ chart
    Picks 8-12: 120% JJ chart
    Picks 13-16: 140% JJ chart

Otherwise let the bidding begin and highest bidder wins on April 28th!

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I can link if needed but CBS is saying we have 2 trade offers, which I'm very suspect of. I was out eating lunch and the bar had ESPN on. The guys were pretty dead set on the Titans really trying to move out of the top spot. I don't mind trading down but I don't want to move outside the top 10. I love the idea of extra picks but we still need to come out of this draft with a top talent.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Riverman

I'll take extra 1sts (2017, 18) to move past 12. I'd take higher than JJ chart for others except 1-4 I'd give a discount to "guarantee" a spot if they "guarantee" who they intend to pick. We'd still get Ramsey or Tunsil. I do think the Chargers will pick Tunsil over Ramsey if Dallas happens to trade with us. I think there is a possibility of the Browns trading down but unlikely somebody would trade up to take Ramsey.

7. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Agreed, this hurts us a whole lot actually. Because if the Brown are admitting they aren't taking a QB, then any tram interested in trading only has to deal with them over us. Not matter how you slice this, it devalues our pick in regards to trading it. Why pay more to get the same thing cheaper?

Chances of two teams trading up is basically non-existent. So yeah it hurts us. At least that's what I thought when I read the article.

8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Or maybe not, it really depends if the QBs at the top of this draft is really a Franchise QB. If they are then they take them if they aren't I would imagine that we would start to see anonymous reports that the Browns asking price is too high lol

9. Riverman

We WILL trade out of #1 pick because there simply isn't anybody in this draft whose skill and our need make it a value fit.

We will wisely trade to the highest bidder that exceeds a predetermined threshold at the start of the draft. I just don't see any way at all we stay at #1 to pick. We'll move at a discounted trade if necessary and especially if we remain in the top 10. I suspect our threshold will be 80% JJ trade chart for trade to 2-4; 90% JJ chart for trade to 5-8; 100% at 9-12; and 120% at 13-20.

I don't see us trading out any further. Most likely think we trade with SF or Eagles. And I think SF wants to jump CLE who really wants Goff. I think the Wentz love is all rumors.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That's probably for the best,

More picks leaves the door open to Henry in the 2nd :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar