Browns WR Stallworth kills man with car (AP)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

No charges have been filed against Donte' Stallworth after he drove an automobile that killed a pedestrian Saturday morning.
    Stallworth has cooperated with authorities. It's too early to know if Stallworth was impaired while driving. It's unclear if the pedestrian was crossing the causeway legally.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If he was impaired he may as well give it up.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

pedestrians don't get hit by accident. not fatally anyways. when pedestrians are hit it's an act of carelessness. this will turn out to be ipod, cell phone, road head... something stupid. It always is.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

not taking stallworths side but it is possible that the guy that was hit was at fault by maybe walking out in front of his car as he was turing a corner or something. but like you said, it could be because of carelessness of the driver. hopefully there were some witnesses.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

There was a guy hit in NY a month ago that was dragged 30 something miles under the SUV. the driver was never charged. People can get hit and the driver not be at fault.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm assuming this was MacArthur or the 195 Causeway going over to the beach. I know these roads. Pedestrians have no business crossing the causeways. That's like crossing the Golden Gate bridge thru traffic. There are walkovers for pedestrians that keep them safge from the traffic. Anyone walks out on the causeway they are dead meat..
    Odds are this will be the dead guy's fault.

You don't run out on this road..
    [​IMG]

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

The story says he was near a crosswalk but it’s not clear if he was crossing legally. I guess it's too be determined. I would like to get a look at the labs. I think impairment will be the main issue. I wonder if Stallworth was up early and on his way to go jogging or whether he had been up all night partying and getting polluted. The story said the incident was at 7am so all I can do is speculate.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Crazy story,I cant beleive how much stuff has gone on since Goodell became the commish. I'm not blaming the guy one bit, maybe its just bad luck but i cant recall it being this crazy when Tagliabue was the commish. Dont get me wrong, there was definitely off the field issues when he was the head honcho but it just seems like the severity of some of these incidents that the players have gotten themselves into as well as the unfortunate tragedies the NFL has had to deal with just seem so crazy the past few years. From Pacman's drama,Albert's stomping,Vicks dogfighting,Sean Taylor's death,Spygate,Tank Johnson,Chris Henry,Hurricane tragedies,Plax's episode with the gun,the recent incident with the 4 players lost at sea and now this with Donte. These are just some of the things that came to mind that dominated the headlines for awhile and i'm sure i missed a bunch more but you guys get my drift. The unfortunate tragedies you cant control but some of these off the field problems that these players put themselves into are things that can be prevented but they chose to go the other direction,mind boggling..

9. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Pure speculation/sarcasm here since I'm not a Vols fan, but does it seem like Fulmers crew from the early 00's seem to have a large share of off field issues?

Haynesworth, Travis Henry, The Wizzinator (Ontterio Smith, don't forget he played for Fulmer before Oregon) and now Stallworth. That's 4 from the early 2000's alone........

Things that make ya' go hmmmm...........

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

and of course there is Peyton Manning's latent homosexuality.

• High Five High Five x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar