Bruce Arians dun gone n did it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I knew I would read some dumb sh*t when I opened this post and you guys delivered.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Everyone is attacking football because of the magic word "concussion". This has lead to a drop in kids playing football at the youth level and especially the high school level. This is driven by parents especially moms who do not understand concussions or the fear that their child will get one. They are pushing these kids to play soccer.... Little do they know that soccer is the leading sport for concussions...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JBC

JBC Starter

I was with you till the end of that post. Admittedly, I would rather watch grass grow than soccer, but I'm pretty sure the only thing that usually comes into contact with the players head is the soccer ball. I can't see how soccer would lead sports like football, boxing, or even baseball in concussions.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

It's due to the old bitter retired football players who are upset because they didnt get paid as much as the athletes are today. So they turn around and sue the nfl for these "injuries" because they didn't manage their money properly.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The impact speed of a soccer ball can be up to 70 MPH. In comparison, a stationary tackle can be up to 25 MPH of impact speed.

Concussion Facts | Sports Concussion Institute

So yes, there is a more likely shot to the head in football, but the trauma of each blow is not as significant. The issue in football is repeated blows to the head, which is unavoidable.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And, you know, because the NFL lied about it's concussion data.

I don't doubt that most of the players, hell, maybe even all of them, would have continued to play knowing what we know now. The issue is they were never given the opportunity to make an informed decision.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If they didnt know taking multiple hits a day to the head was a risk for concussions and injuries then they are a lot more ignorant than i thought. Half of them probably aren't even injured. They're just looking for a quick pay day to compensate for them noting getting paid as much.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Where is the war on Boxing/MMA?

Sports come with consequences. If you want your child to be safe, Chess club is always looking for members.. and they'll end up smarter, instead of brain damaged.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Coming from as big a football fan as youll find, Im holding my son back a couple of years before I allow him to suit-up in shoulder pads and a helmet. Several of his friends currently play, but theres no denying taking constant blows to the head is bad for you in the long run. Humanbeings were not made to smash their skulls into others.

When he's more built to take the punishment that comes with football, then Ill let him loose, but children especially dont need that kind of contact at early ages.

Between karate, church, play dates and school he's perfectly content, football can wait.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah, for my kids, football is off the table, unless they truly show an interest for it. To me, the benefit of sport is the activity/physical fitness, and competition. As a fat MFer, I can attest that you do not really have to be in shape to play football. I would have gotten completely winded from one quarter of a basketball game, even at my physical peak. So there goes they physical fitness part of it. Not saying that most football players aren't fit.. but you can be a fat turd and be a lineman. Basketball, Tennis, etc. players simply have to be in shape, or you won't see playing time.

And the competitive spirit can be found anywhere from video games, to swimming, to badminton.. so it's a big "whatever" for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar