Bruce Arians dun gone n did it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Given that MMA isn't even legal everywhere, I'd say that there has always been a war against it. Some of the rules are stupid, too. You can't do a 12 o'clock to 6 o'clock elbow because politicians saw people smashing bricks with that motion on ESPN. ...but you can totally cave in someone's face with a 1 to 7 elbow.

Anyway, I don't think I'd want my kids to play football. I know a lot of people that had life changing injuries and never got anwhere close to pro ball or even scholarship college ball. I can't really say that for any other sport.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

the big detriment to me, is.. look at the successes in the sport.. look at the highest level. They are getting shot, caught up in sex scandals, etc. Maybe getting a little older has made me redefine what "success" is. Because a lot of NFL people, with a ton of earning power, are far from successes.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

My son sees the excitement I watch football with and was drawn right in. Never stood a chance. Something in our DNA makes us love the game.

Makes me take him outside all the time to throw the ball around. He's at least got some WR in him and thats the position Im leaning towards getting him to play some day. IDK if he can be a QB yet, he can fling a ball but the accuracy isnt there. And theres no telling yet how big he'll be. My family ranges from guys being 5'7" to 6'4" so hopefully he stays one of the taller kids so he has a shot at the 6'2", then he'll have a variety of options in football.

But I do know I dont want him being a RB, worst job in football, but is one of the most fun, but still not worth all the shots you take. I played FB and RB, and the energy it takes to one-up a 300lb linemen is a lot, doing that 100 times takes a toll. Id much rather my kid play on the edges of the field where its safer.

4. nickmsmith

Yeah,and it probably doesn't get even nearly dangerous until high school.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd argue the most dangerous form of football is high school football.

Is the game as fast as college or pro? No. Are the equipment and health precautions as good as college or pro? Hell no. Live tackling the majority of the week. Ill-fitting equipment that gets passed down to the next class every year. Awful tackling form and technique.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. nickmsmith

yeah. Even then, you don't hear of too many severe, life-threatening injuries sustained.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I always attributed the Titans poor tackling to not practicing tackling. At the NFL level coaches want to preserve the players. But HS football isnt even what it was 10 years ago where Im at. Theres no such thing as two a days, no Oklahoma drill, or bull in the ring. Things have changed..

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, and in high school, ALL kids wanted to do was light each other up and make the big hit. Was nothing but trying to take people out.

I had to use that against people or I would have died.

But in practices, hit drills were a daily thing to wrap the day. And you'd often have some punter lining up against the best LB on the squad.... imagine how that worked.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well the above post was pretty real dumb...

10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Well I can tell you don't watch soccer at all. You'd know it's a hell of a lot more physical than basketball or baseball. Most concussions happen from head to head contact when both guys are going for a header at the same time. I got a concussion and broken nose from this and my brother got a concussion and broke his eye socket. I've seen broken arms and legs in high school games and many other very serious injuries. Watch a game once and you'll see its not as "soft" as many people who have never watched full game believe.

Edit: I've only been knocked out cold twice in my life and both were from playing soccer.

#30 Brew City, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar