Bruce Arians dun gone n did it

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

I actually played soccer for 15 years and have coached now for 5 years for a travel club. It's actually in the works to ban heading the ball for players under 15. Also to ban coaching how to head the ball for players under 15. Because it is a dangerous play if it's not executed correctly. I do teach my kids (while its legal) how to perform a header correctly.

But, football is definitely a more dangerous game, especially at a high school/middle school level. Because these players aren't coached correctly. I tell all my players that play football, they have to choose, soccer or football. If they choose football, i won't select them for my team anymore and they know that (so they always choose soccer, now). Because i had way to many players getting hurt playing football.

2. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Yeah, totally, if they dont share your beliefs, shame them and ban them until they see the error of their ways.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. JBC

JBC Starter

Soccer is boring to me. About as exciting as watching someone play golf. My daughter played it her 6th grade year. The coach kept pressuring her to give it a try because of her speed. She started every game. Never got hurt, but I couldn't even get into it with her playing. I am glad she went back to softball. She did tell me the other day she wishes she would have played football when she was younger.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wimp

Just kidding, the only time Ive come close to a concussion was playing soccer as a kid. In the heat of the moment its really easy to knock skulls fighting for the ball, Ive definitely gotten some nuggets playing soccer.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youth soccer is boring to watch, but the World Cup is great fun if you keep up, they actually set up plays at the pro level, its not bad.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'd kick the ball around with our college team in the off-season/indoor season. We'd get these Kenyans that were tall and crazy fast/big. Trying to win a 50/50 with a 6'3", 215 lb dude was pretty rough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar