Bruces' O-line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 16, 2012.

?
  1. Bruce Matthews

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The guys on the line

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Both Matthews & the guys on the line

21 vote(s)
    72.4%
  4. I have a different opinion.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Who is to blame?

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

You have to blame both. The guys on the field underachieved BUT Munch and Bruce over estimated their ability to "coach them up" and their talent level. We all knew that we needed to upgrade the OLine last summer. I still cant understand why we didn't upgrade the personnel

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The Munch Bunch has said, "....we will be open to changes (in the o-line), including drafting a lineman in the second or third round".
    IMO, other the Chris I-might-have-lost-a-step-or-2 Johson, the O-Line has been the biggest failure this year.
    Was it the lack of a full training camp?
    Are we missing Mawae that bad?
    The line sucks and needs to be restructured?
    Or is this a problem at the coaches level?

4. amy

amy Starter

Likely every reason you mention in some respect. My own opinion is that they got off to a slow start because of Johnson's slow start and neither got their act together. Also, they are light weights. When I see the size of some other olines, I cringe for ours. We need upgrading and we need Johnson to either step up or get traded.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Move Amano over to guard the Gatorade, and bring in 3 new linemen. I'd prefer to cut his azz, but I don't think thats happening.

The only trepidation I have in doing that is it completely ruins any continuity we had going on. But after witnessing them as a unit last year, I believe we can afford to risk that.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It's ultimately Muncak's "fault". He is relying on Matthews to get the line coached- so in Munchak's eyes it is Matthews "fault". Matthews is counting on his personnel he has to perform. So in his eyes, it's the lines "fault". (btw- I prefer to always use the word "responsibility" to "fault".)

Jake Scott will probably be gone and not re-signed. We are stuck with the rest, including Amano. I believe Matthews needs to sit these guys down and let him know that he expects improved physicality as well as performance during the season. He also needs to let Amano especially know that he won't be around if he isn't showing EXTREME dedication and work ethic this spring and summer. Munch needs to let Matthews know that HE won't be around this time next year if there isn't SIGNFICANT improvement in the O-line's performance next season.

We should pick up a FA replacement for Scott and draft a center. That should stabilize the line for a while, maybe look at OT's next year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Hall of Fame players aren't always hall of fame coaches.. However, i think we should draft a center first round no exceptions. We can always find a nate washington replacement in the 2nd round. Why is it that nate always lays around on the turf acting injured after ever big play.. whether he catches it or not.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I voted that I have a different opinion because I can't give the blame solely to Mathews and the players. The entire organization completely and 100% screwed up on the players in our interior OL from Mike Reinfeldt to Eugene Amano they should be embrassed to how bad they screwed up on this issue.

(Just so everyone knows by everyone I mean Reinfeldt, Munchek, Palmer, Mathews, Amano, Harris, and Scott)

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Was it the lack of a full training camp?....yes

Are we missing Mawae that bad?....no. If he was thatgood someone would have picked him up

The line sucks and needs to be restructured? ....yes

Or is this a problem at the coaches level....yes

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Talk about over paid look what Amano is making and look at his production. Terrible!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar