Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

How many get in per year? It would be a travesty if Irvin, crack habit and all, did not get in. I wasn't a big fan, expecially later in his career, but he could play.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm not sure I think you have to get a minimum amount of votes.

3. Lone Star

Lone Star Starter

Best of luck to Bruce. He deserves it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

derrick thomas, Bruce and ray guy..

The only locks in my opinion. Guy is simply one of the best if not the best punter in league history and thomas and bruce made the pro bowl just about every year they played. The other guys are simply not at that level.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree. Just hope it goes that way. Ray Guy gave a great interview on Sirius today. Last week, a caller talked about meeting him several times and suggested they bring him in to talk. He gave a lot of great insight into kicking, saying he always played for field position and not stats, and also to prevent returns in general.

6. VinceIsGod

VinceIsGod Guest

Irvin is a lock if you take away off the field issues (and the NFL seems willing to do that).

The guy changed the way receivers played the game. One of the first big, "physical", WRs.

The dude was nails. Bruce Mathews was certainly one of the best OL's to play the game as well...

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

That three to six rules seems silly at first glance. What is the point of that. Maybe they are not worthy. I don't get that. I like the baseball format better. More people voting tends to weed out the stupidity, tho' there are obvious displays by a handful of people. And they had the courage to vote down McGwire this year in the face of overwhelming stats. I think they have the right methodology.

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

This list will be reduced to six for the final voting last year all six of the finalists made it. Here are the six that I think should make it this year:

Bruce Matthews
    Paul Tagliabue
    Art Monk
    Derrick Thomas
    Thurman Thomas
    Gene Hickerson

I think Tagliabue is pretty much a lock, and I like to think that Matthews is as well, but I guess I'm a little biased on that judgement.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He's a lock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar