Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VinceIsGod

VinceIsGod Guest

No way Thurman Thomas makes it over Michael Irvin.

I mean, why?

The man forgot to bring his helmet onto the field during the freaking Super Bowl!
  2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Irvin will make it eventually, I'm just not sure how long it'll take for the voters to forgive the off-field stuff, I think it's a tough class this year, as it was last year, maybe next year, Idk who will be eligible next year, but Thurman Thomas was a rock on four Super Bowl teams, so none of them won, oh, well, he's still a great running back. I for one was disappointed that Terrell Davis didn't make the final 17, I think he deserves a lot of consideration.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Besides, Thurman Thomas' idol was Earl Campbell. Get him in there. That's HOF material right there.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I only know 5 of 6, but they all look good. They all dominated.
  5. A.D.

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P. Staff

This year's field is actually considered to be rather weak. Of the 17 finalists, only Matthews and Tagliabue are first-time contenders. The other 15 have all been passed over at least once before, for one reason or another.

It wouldn't be considered a strong field unless there were quite a few people in their first year of eligibility, guys who were considered virtual locks to make it. Last year's class was strong, with first-timers Aikman, Moon, and White.
  6. TITAN89Fan

TITAN89Fan TITAN FAN

Bruce was on with John McClain (sp?) and Plaster yesterday evening just after 5. I got to hear the entire interview. It was really nice to hear Bruce again after all this time. He's coaching 9-10 year old kids. One of his being in the bunch. How cool is that. Bet he's having a ball.

WTG BRUCE!!!!! You ARE the MAN!!!!!!

jim
  7. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

All Bruce Smith did was record 200 sacks for his career. He should get in without a doubt.

Matthews is a no brainer as well. Played ALL line postions, 14 pro-bowls, record for most games and seasons of anybody in the NFL.

Ray Guy should make it as well. Most dominating player at his postion by far.
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Art Monk won't get in. He did something wrong apparently and the nfl mafia doesn't like it.
    Should be: Guy, Monk, Mathews if 3 are selected.
  9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I think Thurman Thomas is also on his first ballot, three first timers of 17 and a few that should already be there make this a pretty strong class IMO.
  10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That's very true, I'm sure he'll get in as soon as he's eligible in 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.