Buccaneers fire Lovie Smith

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Bukafax, Jan 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I thought they were on an upward trend, but who knows.

Had whiz gotten six wins, I probably would have been happy with him another year ... but that's about 4 more wins than whiz is capable of apparently

2. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

If Kelly did become their next head coach, he'd thrive with Winston as he QB...even though Winston isn't fast enough to run it as efficiently as Mariota, he's athletic enough to catch defenses slipping, and bust a handful of runs a game...and that's all the QB is ever asked to do...run when the defensive end/OLB tries to crash down on the ball carrier, from the edge. It's a mechanism to keep them guessing and hesitating.

If Kelly gets that job, I'll laugh my butt off at all the brainiacs here that claimed they didn't want him, while we are stuck with Mularkey and major suckage...again.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I think he would do fine with Jameis as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I don't know about that. I don't buy the Patriot OC bluster and assumptions. The football world, college and NFL has been bit in the arse too many times to keep following that failed logic. 3 different OC's have looked good with Brady as their QB. Seems the common denominator is that Brady makes even average OC's look like genius.' But the moment they no longer have Brady as their driver/jockey, then they look very, very average. There is no magic. No secret sauce. Brady simply works had to discover weaknesses in defenses and is a wily veteran...perhaps the best in the game.

Mickey D, O'Brien, and Charlie Cheesburger are fools gold. If you put your faith in all that hype, you are setting yourself up for a world of disappointment. I'm looking at the record...wins and losses...as a head coach. You can't fake that steak. You can't dress that up to look like something it ain't. It's as real as it gets.

Kelly is the only candidate with a winning record as an NFL Head Coach (except Lovie Smith, who just came available, and no I'm not advocating for Lovie...as I don't think it's a good fit, scheme-wise, at this time). IMHO, as long as you have a head coach on the market with a winning record, you take him before you consider any coordinators...as they have proven credentials and coordinators or virtual crap-shoots.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I don't think Chip is going to get an interview. Who do you like 2nd best?

6. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I guess Hugh Jackson. He did go 8-8 with a bad Oakland team and Davis as the meddling owner. I'll be real honest, here. I cannot stand Alabama, since they are Tennessee's chief rival, in college football. But I wouldn't mind seeing the Titans go balls to the wall to try and hire Nick Saban. He's only a few hours down I-65, and might consider it, this time around.

I might also consider Standford's HC, Shaw. Both run a pro-style offense and feature stellar defenses. With Mariota in place, HOF player and DC, LeBeau on staff, along with his protoge, Horton...things have to look a lot more attractive to them than places like Cleveland.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

The patriots lost 4 of their last 6 and one of the wins was against us. That teams roster has been destroyed, and to your point, they didn't win the Redskins game and so did not take control of the division, a crap division at that. I get it, you have a hard on for the guy. I don't give a **** if he was Mariota's coach! He has a huge ego and lost his team.

#47 Hormesis, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

My point was that even in a down year...with the different personnel choices he made as a GM not working very well (hard to fault someone for bringing in the league-leading rusher, and hope he can adjust to your system), he still came a frog-hairs length form winning his division and going to the playoffs.

You guys act like he's an utter failure when he's anything but. His record is better than all the other candidates, but many here are too stupid to make that simple deduction or care...because they are worried about players feelings (players who are mainly butthurt that Kelly didn't cut Cooper for his comment in a nightclub)

There's a lot of stupid going around this fanbase. The same kind of stupid that claimed Mettenberger was a franchise QB and that it would be a mistake to draft Mariota. It's not enough that they now look like idiots, but are determined to use this coaching hire as a means to confirm it. I see you are helping to lead that effort.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

So you are the smartest guy in the room eh? People who disagree with you are now stupid and are idiots for not wanting a coach who was **** canned before the season even ended! I am against hiring Chip. I will say that I am pleased that this franchise is finally burning this thing to the ground though. Chip should take a year or two off from coaching, or take a demotion and cut his teeth and figure out what went wrong. Never said he was a failure either dip****, although he is (an unemployed one at that). He took the leading rusher- a cut and run North back, and tried to turn him into a lateral rusher. Upon seeing that it did not work, he continued the effort. So how did the leading rusher from last year do this year under Chip? He lost his locker room, and then finally the big fish too. It really doesn't matter at this point, because I am getting a new bicycle, and that is pretty cool indeed.

#49 Hormesis, Jan 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar