Bucs @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That Male Model tank appears to be a shout out to Deuce.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

My notes:

Hasselbeck had a pretty bad day. The first INT was a bad decision in the heat of a moment, wasn't too costly since it was 4th down and he felt rushed to get rid of it. We did get lucky however the defender didn't really get any more yards than they would have if we had turned it over on downs, but could have really cost us (with a big return or pick 6). It was stupid but I get it, 4th down, heat of the moment.

I can't justify the 2nd INT however. Horrible read, extremely stupid throw and came very close to costing us the ball game. Luckily the defense kept us in it and the offense put it together their (mainly thanks to CJ) and Hass found DWill on 4th & goal for the game winning TD.

CJ, what can you say! Looked like his old self for sure. The OL opened holes (finally) and he hit them hard, even more so than that he made people miss and broke tackles. He hasn't lost a step at all, I think he showed that today. His ability to break tackles and allude defenders was even more impressive than the holes the OL kept opening up. Keep it up!

Sidenote: His fumble didn't bother me much, he had a good grip on it. Just a wet ball and good strip. Ringer's fumble was a great strip by Barber as well.

The WR's made plays when necessary but also dropped some catchable balls. Overall can't complain much here though.

The defense played outstanding today. Jones disruptive at times, Ball had the best game he's had all season with two sacks and a fumble forced/recovery. Casey was pretty solid himself!

Mccarthy is an absolute beast and he really needs to be our starting MLB from here on on. I'll lose my mind if Munch goes back to Ruud. Ayers was good as well, made some great tackles. Witherspoon had his typical quiet but good game.

We struggled to bring down Blount but I can't complain much. We did a good job stopping him at crucial moments.

I said I wasn't afraid of Freeman and he proved why. He doesn't scare me one bit, average QB at best.

I love that we started three rookies on defense (Ayers, Casey & Mccarthy) and our D looked pretty good.

Mccourty, Griffin (nice fumble strip), Verner, Finnegan & Verner all had pretty good games!

The prevent D on the first two plays of TB's final drive was driving me INSANE! JG really has to stop with that! I was certain it was about to cost us the game. We decided to blitz on the next play after two soft coverage plays destroyed us and guess what, we forced a Freeman throwaway. We went back soft on 3rd down but at least prevented the first down which forced the 4th & short where we got the stop.

But seriously, that prevent D is horrible, Gray has to stop it!

Also LOVED the play call on our kickoff return! Great trickery there and Campbell has SPEED! Unfortunate injury but he said he'll play next week (needs an MRI though).

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

campbell needs to be returning kicks...the guy has some serious wheels.

4. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Well he is a defensive back, maybe he can't catch.:lol:

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We could run that same play many times and sometimes give the handoff and sometimes fake it and I'm sure it would result in better returns than usual still.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Even if the WR rounded off his route, it was a bad read. Hasselbeck struggled but it was a horrible day to pass the football. He made a couple of clutch passes or we'd be roasting him this morning.

I thought the OL struggled run-blocking at points in the game but they opened some massive holes and CJ did a much better job finding lanes.

I thought the DL ran hot and cold. Blount had his way with them early in the game but they made plays when they had to. Ball had a nice game. Morgan is on a milk carton though.

I bet Munch "backs down" Ruud in order to get him 100%. McCarthy has been outstanding and deserves to start. He seemed gimpy at points yesterday.

The three-man rush is ineffective and nearly cost the Titans the game. They may as well run a 1-10 defense. It was so frustrating to watch Freeman camping back there.

This was a crazy game but the Titans made enough plays to pull it out. It'll take a lot more consistency to win next Sunday.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

agreed.

I hate the Cowboys, but they used to do the same. Keeps the KO team honest and removes 1 guy as somebody has to parallel Campbell or else...

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Gotta agree with everything here. Good analysis.
    To add....
    - Did I actually hear Jason Jones' name called yesterday? Does he still play for the Titans?:lol:
    - Griffin had a better game.
    - Receivers still messing up routes.
    - Hass had a bad day....but has been our MVP for the season to this point. Glad we dont have to see 500 "It's Locker Time" threads today.
    - WTF is our issue with the 3rd quarter? We can't score, we give up points, etc....
    - My confidence in Grey is shaky at best, but I still have more confidence in him than Palmer.
    - I loved Haynesworth's reaction to the boos. It was funny.

Got to the stadium later than usual but realized afterward that I park about 200 yards from the GOTITANS.COM tailgate spot. I'll have to try to stop by next time.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Okay. I will admit that I was checking the Titans sideline to see if Locker was warming up in the second half. It was clear Hasselbeck was struggling and the weather was getting worse. I thought Locker could have done some things with his legs.

Come on by next time. We broke it down earlier yesterday because the wind picked up and was lifting the awnings off the ground.

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

:ha: I was checking as well after the pick 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar