Bud Adams.......please Spend Money For A New Sod Playing Surface

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FightinTitan, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm all for that.
  2. Brian

Brian Big Fan

...as long as Peyton Manning is in the division.

:suspect:
  3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Did you watch the Seattle game in the snow? The players weren't even slipping. It's a great surface, and we need it. After NE lost to the Jets with all the slipping Brady did they put it in immediately.
  4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Shaun racked up over 200 on that field in snowfall
    and I do not recall anyone complaining of difficult footing

I'm all for it
  5. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

¬_¬
  6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I'm sure there's some kind of fixed budget allocated for the maintenance and replacement of the grass on the field.

I remember reading somewhere that it costs around $7500 to replace the grass on a football stadium, so if the organization was to replace the grass on the field after every two home games they would end up spending about $30,000 which is considered peanuts compared to their income.

TSU IMO should be responsible for some of that cost since they're using the field too.
  7. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

I think I'll install field turf in my yard just so I can stop dealing with the watering, lawn mowing, aerating, seeding, fertilizing, etc... :ha:
  8. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

I'm not sure, but I would say it is alot more expensive then that. If it wasn't I think it would have already been replaced. I think football was meant to played on grass, however when it gets cold and the grass stops growing you start having problems with the turf. Under the circumstances I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to switch to the field turf.
  9. Landscape contractors charge about 3.00 per square yard for turf installation in my area. That means that a standard football field would be more like $ 25,000.00 to replace one time.
  10. vnomus2

vnomus2 Camp Fodder

That still seems low to me, but I would say that is alot closer than $7500 to replace the whole field.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.