Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Bud Adams.......please Spend Money For A New Sod Playing Surface

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by FightinTitan, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. PitBull Bred to Brawl

Moolah:
    $8

You got me doubting my memory, so i googled myself to this column
    http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-t25-ohiost-field&prov=ap&type=lgns

which says it costs $75,000 instead of $7,500.

Big deal.. I'm only off by one zero!
    :rotfl:
  2. Brian Big Fan

Moolah:
    $0
    One zero? That's nothing.

;)
  3. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    I agree with getting rid of enclosed stadiums but being able to play outdoors and also have a excellant field each game requires field turf. Why the heck would anyone want a game where the footing is inconsistent anyway. One slip and a game could be put in the balance or a player could have a serious injury. Play outside but on a quality field.
  4. Ewker Starter

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $2,000

dang soxcat, they played football outside for yrs and yrs when fields were in worse conditions they are now. Seems the old games makes you appreciate the way football was supposed to be played. To many wussies playing now.
  5. TNThunder Guest

I don't care for games to be decided by weather or field conditions. I had rather see a reflection of two teams and how they played during the year and let them settle it under neutral conditions. While it was dramatic to watch Green Bay win against Dallas, playing on a frozen field where you can't even get your cleats to dig in is just not the essence of the game. You also have to realize that years ago 300 pound linemen ran 5.8 40's, now they run 4.6's. They are much more athletic now, and the chance for injury is far greater.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,620
    So get some ol'fashioned 5.8 guys if injuries are the main concern.

Seriously Dome teams build their teams to reflect that fact. Northern outdoor teams build their teams to reflect that ect... Win and get HFA then make other teams adapt to your perferred field.
  6. TNThunder Guest

This thread needs to be bumped up again. We have the worst field. Almost cost us the game with Vince slipping. ENOUGH !!!! Put in field turf.
  7. wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Moolah:
    $86
    yeah, there were several times I saw players slipping that could've made a difference in the game. (White and Young, in particular)
  8. BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Locker
    Moolah:
    $40
    I am way to cheap to buy a new field... c'mon now.
  9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Verner
    Moolah:
    $327
    :biglaugh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.