Bud Adams to evaluate team & Fish after season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McMvp9

McMvp9 I miss Tennessee...

I haven't posted here as much as I should, After the TOMB closed down I really haven't posted much anywhere,

That said, It seems I'm one of the few that would like Fisher to remain our Head Coach.

To be honest, Bud will find no one better to replace Fisher because no one good wants to work for an owner that likes to make personel decisions and guys like Gruden, Cowher, Holmgren, ect, ect won't want to feel forced to have VY as their QB.

If Fisher gets fired, I fully expect Bud to pull the trigger on Wade Phillips. He's a Texan and he's Bum's son.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I understand what you're staying, but it's time for Fisher to move on. However if you're right about Wade Phillips I will literally be sick to my stomach. He does not deserve another head coaching opportunity, and I doubt he gets one. As much as I want Gruden to be our next head coach, I agree with what you said. The only way we get any of them is if they control the roster. If I had to put my money on it, if Fisher is fired I believe we will get a Rob Ryan type as a head coach. A coordinator ready to make the next step.

3. McMvp9

I think if Bud goes for anyone it'll be an offensive minded coach, Someone that can play up his boytoy, VY.

I'm not really sold on Rob Ryan, other then his brother Rex in New York, I can't think of a single reason to hire him. To be honest, What has he done that would warrant a Head Coaching job ?

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I actually agree with your point about Bud going after an OC, and if Jerry Jones doesn't keep Jason Garrett I think Bud will poach him from the Cowboys. Garrett is going to make a very good NFL coach someday. As far as Ryan, I just really like the job he has done with Cleveland, they are not a talented D, or a team right now for that matter, but he has done a solid job with the talent they have. I do think the main reason he is mentioned is his coaching pedigree.

5. McMvp9

But didn't Fisher play for and learn under Buddy Ryan ? Wouldn't hiring a Ryan just be more of the same ?

6. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

Wtf is wrong with bud. I know he fired Bum after a eleven win season.

Now Jeff loses six in a row in back to back seasons and he's still here

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

oh **** no!! jason garrett?!?!

i will admit that he has done a good job rallying that cowboys team but in the long term he wont be worth ish

8. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

You know, I see a lot of complaining about Bud and his meddling....and then I see Jerry Jones's skeletor mug on the sideline of the Dallas game and I want to throw up and then I thank God that I'm not a Dallas fan

9. Illegal Hit

Illegal Hit Starter

I remember Bud steping in when he saved us from picking up Matthew Stephen Leinart as the number three pick in the 06 draft.

I also remember Bud stepping in during one of jeff's losing streaks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. McMvp9

Dallas isn't hiring Gruden or Cowher either...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar