Bud Adams told the truth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hoffa, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think Johnny Freakin' Unitis could win 6-8 games with this team.

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

No, we understand the cap purge. What we don't get is why Floyd threw around the money he did? I mean, we had 4 years at serious competition in which we were competitive, playing on national tv and in the playoffs. Because he got too happy with money and threw the majority at George and McNair, we're in the situation we're in. I don't get how some of these teams can keep some of the core players around and we can't. Who do we have that were here 4 years ago, helped establish our success and/or was apart of our SB run? Craig Hentrich? C'mon...a punter can't fall under your "Core" player category. IMO Floyd Reese isn't the Guru people around the NFL make him out to be. If anyone looses their job this season, my votes for Floyd.

The other thing, how do some of these other teams (namely the Patriots, Steelers and Colts) keep their core of difference makers and we can't?

/rant off

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

More like year 2 of demolition, rebuilding requires that you're actually making forward progress...

4. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I guess it's the old saying that "it will get worse before it gets better". It is now at it's worst.
    We all new this was coming. Go back in the archives and you can find posts about how we would be bad after the cap purge, how few wins we would have this year, etc....
    It's a long process and most everyone new it was coming...but now everyone is shocked and horrified.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

but the signing of Collins :moon2: was what put folks over the edge

6. skitch

Seems to be.
    He has been awful alright...no denying that, and I like Volek. It's just that, no matter how much you do like Volek, or how strongly anyone feels that we would have had better games with him in....I just don't know?!?!? Nothing against Volek or for Collins but the ENTIRE offense has been awful and the QB position is always just much more noticable.

7. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Some of you guys have been talking to each other too long...Jeff Fisher is one of the few things that are right about this team...And if he left --who would want to come here now? We would be like Oakland...looking for about anybody who wants to try to drive this train wreak.

Fish doesn't make the draft picks...He just works with what he's given. He wanted to keep Mcnair, maybe that wasn't finanically possible. But if he had handled the situation, it would not have been the the PR fiasco it turned into. Instead the FO screwed it up, and Fisher was set out front to stand in the hailstorm and try to put a good spin on it.

Like Volek or not, Fisher NEVER thought he was a starting caliber QB. That's why he tried to keep Mac...When that didn't work out, he lobbied to bring in someone else...Even if that was Collins...And come on guys, I'm not a big Collins fan...But would he be better now if Fisher had gotten his way in June, so he could have had more time to work with the recievers.

I could go on and on and will if anyone wants to discuss it further.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I bet this same team coached by Bill Freakin' Cower would. The problems are not all personel problems. We have some serious coaching issues. Our talent level on defense or offense is no where as bad as what we have seen so far.

9. skitch

:beer2:

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

IMO we had expectations for this year that were too high,all this venting of frustration is part of our reality adjustment.

What really sucked about the cap purge for me was knowing we were carrying cap hits for players who'd already gone such as Eddie & McNair. Thankfully the new trend in the league is to avoid extending contracts to beat the cap hit so we shouldn't see that scenario again.

Any time in the future we hear that a player has agreed to restructure his contract to help the team, be prepared for cap hell chapter two.Postponing the cap hit of a contributing player to a time when he'll no longer be productive is stupidity beyond belief.

The KFCgate scenario is what has us all questioning Fisher & understandably so. This is the 1st time Fisher has gone down in my estimations but I still support him for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar