Bud Adams.......................

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Bud Adams you sign Jeff Fisher to an extension and you do it NOW??? Long term 12 yrs 60 million is a fair long term deal. There is not a better coach for the Titans and I personally would rather have Fisher than any current head coach in the league or any in the past. He is the Tennessee Titans.

2. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

Um.. no. Jeff Fisher has not lead his team to the playoffs in four years. If he doesn't get to the playoffs this year I want him out of there. As much as I like Fisher, I do not stand for losing and there is no excuse for not making the playoffs in five years. Simple as that.

You don't keep a coach who doesn't win. No playoffs this year it is time to move on. Period.

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Jeff Fisher has not scored a single touchdown, or caught a single interception for the Titans in his many years with the team!

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

wait, were you asking adams to sign fisher or tellling him????

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

but I credit him with outsmarting Colts Head Coach Tony Dungy last year. Sure, he didn't kick the 60 yarder... but he might as well had given that particular situation... that being said a 12 year deal is silly. I say 4 years 12-18 million is rich enough... I say keep Coach Fisher... we are finally on the bubble. Let's not go and burst it foolishly.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Four years. We were in the playoffs in 2003.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

let's not overlook the fact the cap was overextended in that last push. we could just as easily put this on Reese.

8. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

I do know that Jeff Fisher nor any other coach in the NFL has ever caught a pass or thrown a pass (what a irrelevant comment) No coach plays on the field but I would suggest what the coach plans during the week has something to do with the outcome. Jeff Fisher did lead this to two divison titles, AFC Championship, a Super Bowl and was in the playoffs from 1999-2003 and while the team had a few down years while trying to climb out of the salary cap prision they were in and the injury plaged 2004 season most coaches would have struggled. I do not want to do the coach hopping year after year that tears apart a franchise. I would rather have a few down years with a quality coach like Jeff Fisher who if not resigned would be hired in less than a second. Than try year after year to find the right head coach aka detrioit lions, arizona cards, oakland raiders,houston texans, washington redskins and keep getting the wrong one and just be flippy floppy in the foundation and just spin your wheels year after year.

9. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

was that supposed to be funny? it was just retarded..

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

stfu. you guys don't even understand the remark.

it means it's on the players and the talent level. you have no idea who you are even talking to with that. I'm just saying don't rip on what you don't understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar