Bud sends a letter to the fans. (rant alert)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The players apparently need to hire Carson Palmer as a financial advisor. "Retirement as leverage for a trade" is pretty effective - but ya got to have money in the bank..

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

These guys have many abilities which can't be taught.

It's like going to a steak house and a hot dog being the only thing on the menu at the same price as a t-bone. It's not the same product even though both contain meat.

3. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Ok now I see where our opinions defer. You see these guys as irreplaceable like they're part of a group of few that noone else can mimic. Their skills high above anything that would ever be replaceable.

I see them as the guys that got the most media exposure during their college careers. Granted there are a few diamonds in the rough in there but they would make their way back anyway.

I also think that there is still some great teaching going on during the early years of an NFL career anyway. Between coaches and training facilities, a lot of these guys continue to grow. SO find the second group. The ones you hated to send home. Call em back and tell them come on. Most people will never know the difference outside of the names on the back of the jersey.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Lagarette Blount = LateKnight?

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

You never watched the games with replacement players back during the last lockout/no season did you?

It made preseason games look like the playoffs...or better....

6. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

If we are getting replacement players, the Titans need to sign Shane Falco. Hell, with our current status at QB we may as well sign him either way.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm taking this thread in another direction. Let's get serious about replacement players for a minute. Who is eligible to be considered a replacement player? Anyone not under contract under the old CBA?

8. pettso

pettso Starter

As soon as the NFLPA decertifies (basically disbanding), the only thing that's keeping them together is their common goals for the new CBA. I'm pretty sure anyone can come back as long as they agree to the NFL's terms. It would be like an individual getting hired to do a job by a corporation (the NFL).

If the owners were really serious about sticking it to the players and got replacement players in and played a full season with those players. I can guarantee 90% of the players will run back because they'd realize they have very few other options when it comes to making a living.

The players really don't stand a chance. Their only hope is that the fans will stand by them and boycott the NFL if they were replaced. The fans will for a while, but at the end of the day are you gonna watch Survivor or NFL with replacement players? The owners have everything. They have the TV deals, the branding, the stadiums, the administration that organizes the whole season and most of all, the money.

Sure, a lockout will hit their pocketbooks, but those 32 men are worth over $40 billion. Most of them have more money than anyone in their family will need for multiple generations. I'd imagine that to at least a few of them, this is about more than money, its about proving a point and showing the players that they are replaceable. Successful businessmen have a lot of pride.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well there aren't 32 male owners running the league. The Packers are owned by 110,000 shareholders. What's their position in all of this? Better yet, what's their responsibility to their fans?

The Panthers, Dolphins, and Chargers are also not owned by one person.

10. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Yes I was. I didn't really mind it. At the time, I really missed the antics and huge personalities more than the play of the players. Remember, 79 or 89 players crossed the line almost immediately and then were joined by quite a few more in the next two weeks. Mark Gastineau and Randy WHite never even went out so what someone said in an earlier post is true. The union would be decertified so whats more important making money you can start investing or sitting around talking about how the money you aren't getting isn't enough?

Yeah just wiki'd it. 89 people according to Wiki. Interesting note:Sean Payton was a replacement player-LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar