Bud showing some Attitude

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColeJ., Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColeJ.

ColeJ. Right Brigade

because that's the only place he can find them in that delightful shade of "luv ya blue."

2. Titans News

Titans News Guest

Titans owner Bud Adams apologizes for flipping off Buffalo Bills fans

The 86-year-old Titans owner says he "got caught up in the excitement" of his team's victory over the Bills.[​IMG]

Link to full article

3. Titans News

Titans News Guest

Statement from Titans Owner K.S. 'Bud' Adams, Jr.

"I need to apologize for my actions yesterday near the end of the game. I got caught up in the excitement of a great day, but I do realize that those types of things shouldn"t happen. I need to spe...

More...

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Adams apologizes for odd gestures

Bud Adams got a little excited Sunday, showing his feelings for the Bills, a team that once handed his Oilers an historic playoff loss.
    <BR>
    <BR>So from his box and on the sideline at the end of Sunday&rsquo;s win, he saluted the Bills with a couple extended middle fingers.
    <BR>
    <BR>And the Titans just sent out this statement from him:
    <BR><p style="padding-left: 30px;">&ldquo;I need to apologize for my actions yesterday near the end of the game. I got caught up in the excitement of a great day, but I do realize that those types of things shouldn&rsquo;t happen. I need to specifically apologize to the Bills, their fans, our fans and the NFL. I obviously have a great deal of respect for Ralph Wilson and the history we have shared. I also understand there will probably be league discipline for my actions and I will accept those.&rdquo;</p>
    <BR>
    <BR>In 2000, in a chat with media after a screening of the Titans Super Bowl video, he gave the middle finger to the mayor of Houston. No lesson learned there, apparently.
    <BR>
    <BR>If you don't mind the appearance of being eccentric, aging and a little off, then there is nothing wrong with Adams' actions.
    <BR>
    <BR>The Titans are regarded as a fairly classy organization, even when they purged the roster for salary cap reasons, struggled to control Pacman Jones and started the season 0-6.
    <BR>
    <BR>Why the excitement of the moment prompted multiple double birds is beyond me. But with the statement, Adams put it to rest as far as I'm concerned.
    <BR>
    <BR>Jim Wyatt reports the league is looking into it. (No link, sorry. Don't know that my bosses will care for the YouTube shots of Adams in action.) I'm sure a fine will be forthcoming.

Link to full article

5. mwhjr1988

mwhjr1988 Practice Squad

lol.... upcoming fine? i doubt bud cares about it

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Bud Adams needs to be told he's not in Texas anymore. Nice Bolo tie. 50 years, 2 city's and zero SB victories. Maybe he was hallucinating a mirror in front of him.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I think KS Adams hates the Buffalo Bill franchise more than we realize. Apparently, he will never forgive them for that comeback in the early 90s that stopped the oilers from going to the superbowl.

But in hindsight, if the Oilers win a superbowl that year... Does the city of houston give him what he wants and the Oilers never move to Nashville?

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay just saw the proof. LOL funny old man.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

He's a habitual offender!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar