Bud...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TexasTitan24, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Advantage: Shanahan

Marty Schottenheimer went 14-2, lost in the playoffs after a first round bye and was fired shortly afterwards.
    2010 ? :ha:
    fugidaboutit
    this year was as good a shot as we were going to get for awhile
    with all the contracts coming up chances are we are about to see another purge.
    13-3 into 0-5 (6) qualifies as a meltdown
    the best way to get us into contention next year is to see radical change. our opponents have us figured out imo.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Fair-weather fans = fans that disappear when the team is down
    Fans in denial = fans that claim everything's OK when it clearly isn't
    Real fans = fans that call a spade a spade. knowing when something is wrong and have the balls to speak out about it

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

2010 ? :ha:
    fugidaboutit
    this year was as good a shot as we were going to get for awhile
    with all the contracts coming up chances are we are about to see another purge.
    13-3 into 0-5 (6) qualifies as a meltdown
    the best way to get us into contention next year is to see radical change. our opponents have us figured out imo.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, this year was our shot now it looks like we won't make it to the playoffs, I'm prepared for some rebuilding years ahead of us

4. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

I honestly don't think it would take too many changes to rebound next year. I do agree, however that this team will probably have plenty of new faces next year considering all of the players in a contract year. I'm gonna try and not allow myself to think about it until the next 11 games are over. I wait all year for my 16 Titans games and no amount of losing will affect that. haha

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The last time our frustrations boiled over was in 07.

We were winning but we all knew it was ugly and not how we wanted to be.

FireFisher,FireSchwartz and FireChow sites sprang up. The majority of us still wanted to stand by Fisher. It was never clear to us who was responsible for the poor predictable play calling and bend don't break defensive style that we loathed.

Chow deserved to be chit canned without a doubt here we are again with similar issues with different coaches.

I like Fisher and I think I'll always root for him wherever he coaches but I think it's no longer in question whether the assistant coaches are responsible for poor play or Fisher has to be accountable.

We suck royally but on paper we should not have started out like this in 09. We need a radical change of direction. If we bring someone else in who fails I would get over it because a new guy who sucks would quickly be shown the door.

Fisher is coaching like Don Schula did at the end of his tenure.We hold on to hope because he still has flashes of greatness. Last season if we'd beaten the Ravens and lost in the conference championship game I wouldn't be so down.Our 13 wins was a wonderful ride but we finished looking like a joke.

We have looked like shit since the Jets humiliated us in week 12 of last season. After that other than the Steelers we did not beat anyone worth shouting about after that.

We're on a 7 game losing streak with a slim chance of beating the Bills and the Rams in 09. We are that bad that those games are still games we could lose.

I take your perhaps and raise you by a fire him now immediately after the Pats game. I feel bad for thinking this way but I think it's necessary.:hmm:

6. onthemove

onthemove Guest

People want change yet they want to hold on to having Bud Adams as our owner. As long as he calls the shots, we will never win a Lombardi. His track records of postseason failures in Houston in Nashville speak for themselves. Big change is not only for the sake of change. His philosophy and business practices would play a major role in what becomes of the next generation of Titan teams. Even if they do well to start with, the initial success would be limited, just like it has been these days. New team, same ol' Bud. He is getting older, and is unable to adapt to 21st century life in the NFL. If Fisher goes, then he must go with him. You want more of the same, then let him stay. You can't have it both ways.

No. Changing old for old will not help us move forward.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I dont think making a change after 16 years is risky.

16 years and no SB RIng, whats the risk? going 17 years with no SB? lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar