Bulluck a No Show at Offseason Workouts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Was that a Sex Pistols reference?

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh I missed that. Someone else thinking like me.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The old heads are correct in this case. Bulluck - statistical leader. Not really a take the time kind of guy. Pac was different, and if that rumor about he and Pac being in a night club together and Pac smoking the dope in public is true, allowing that without comment or playing one thing in front of the media and doing differently after hours doesn't qualify as true leadership.

Because he lined up the defense on every play before the ACL, I always thought of Sirmon as more of the defensive field marshall. It was probably a two-man affair in that regard, but no one true leader really emerging. Keith strikes me as I wanna do my thing. He kind of sees himself as a bit of a lone wolf. I don't think he has the full leadership skills to rally people effectively. Maybe he could, but he certainly hasn't tried to grow into that so far, IMO.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Having read this thread through finally, I agree with what elfin said perhaps the most. Leadership, not his thing. Missed voluntary workouts once. Emotionally drained. I can understand. I doubt many of the other players are that concerned. This is not a Haynesworth incident, and really shouldn't be regarded as such.

Leadership is and has been in transition for a while. To expect Keith to burden it solely or largely is unreasonable. He's become marquee now, especially with the Steve situation, but the vocal leadership, the get your blood pumping sort of thing that Eddie provided will come from someone else, who has yet to be determined.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree with a lot of that GLinks. It's not as big a deal as some are making it out to be, and I guess we do need to accept that maybe Bulluck isn't going to be "that guy" that's going to always step it up and be there as a leader. It's ok with me if he's just going to be a really good player for a few more years. However, it does mean something to miss these workouts, even if they are voluntary. As a team, we need to get our heads together, and I think that in general, a team functions best when it sees everyone around, especially the successful vets on the team, putting in every effort, and taking the time to make that committment to the team. Maybe Keith's due for a little relaxation, but there are plenty of people that I'm sure are due that think even the small steps like voluntary workouts are more important. I'm a little disappointed that Keith doesn't feel that way. I'm still a big fan of his, but we need some big changes on the field and in the locker room this season, and it needs to start now.

(I know it's hard to build that kind of mentality during this whole Mcnair fiasco, by the way)

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

The ONLY one's making it a big deal are the one's whining about anyone having the nerve to question Bullucks leadership. The one's who still think "voluntary" workouts are optional in the NFL today. They're not really.

They're just not finable.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Keith's a smart guy. He knows the subtleties of the NFL.

Keith has not been pleased with the turn of events since the ending of last season. What kind of season can be expected when you field Volek and a rookie quarterback as an option? There are only so many Roethlisberger's out there. Why would someone make such a passive/aggressive move?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

there are only so many letters in the alphabet.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

So, um, they have short buses(neek! neek!) for the Aussie Boys and Girls, eh?:brow: :kiss:

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Louve has long halls. Maybe he's doing a few gassers.

It's pretty simple. Leaders lead. Leaders must be present when the team is together in order to have that opportunity.

Big Albert stays in Knoxville and he's called out by the coach and half the players. But let's let Bulluck slide? Sorry metal. He had plenty of time to cruise Europe in February and March. He has a number of breaks between now and training camp. He needs to put up or shut up on this "I want to help take the Titans back to the playoffs stuff" if he's doing so from his cell phone in front of the original Parthenon during mini-camp when everyone else is present.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar