Bulluck calls for Titans to draft carefully in '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051230/SPORTS01/512300415/1027

Whatever draft spot the Titans wind up with when the Week 17 slate concludes on Sunday night, veteran linebacker Keith Bulluck said the franchise will face some pressure.

"It starts with coaches, the front office, because they've got a job to do, too," he said. "They've got to bring players in here that are going to work well with this team. If that's not happening, that means somebody is not doing their job.

"We're just players. We can only go out there and try to do what's asked of us to the best of our ability. Definitely, a lot of things need to change around here and it's evident. And people who follow this team and this organization don't need me to say it."

Bulluck said he hopes a premium is put on the top pick's personality as well as his skills.

"We have a real young team," Bulluck said. "I'm one of the oldest guys and there is a lot of frustration from me having to work with younger guys who don't necessarily get it, don't understand what it takes to win in this league and don't understand the professionalism that you need. So it's frustrating at times."

The Titans could wind up picking anywhere from second to 11th, depending on Sunday's results.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

thats a direct comment to Pacman

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I hope we win yet get a great pick, that means the Packers, Saints, Jets, Bills, and Texans will have to win

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the jets play the bills

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If it is then Bulluck is dumber than he looks. Pacman has worked his *** off since he came here and it shows on the field too. I would say the same about the offensive rookies and I would assume Hill is working his *** off too, considering he's starting over Woolfolk, Beckham, etc. And how dumb is it to complain about a players personality, when that player is singlehandedly bringing some feistiness back into the defence both by his play and his attitude?

Even though I love Bulluck for his play on the field, this comment sounds like he's scared of being showed up by the "young guys". Besides if "people who follow this team and this organization don't need me to say it", then why are you??

6. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

I agree if this is directed toward Pac Jones then Keith needs to have a little chat with Jeff. We haven't had a player on D with this much heart since we lost Blaine Bishop.

I think this is Keith just letting out his frustrations but I hope for the teams sake its not directed at Jones.

7. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

yeah, I just think Keith is not used to Pacman's swagger, which is what our defense needs right now, if I was a veteran I would hate the fact that people believe a rookie is bringing swagger back to my defense as well, but thats what it is

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

On the possibility of being a shot at Dark Helmet:

What I get out of it is that he hopes that football doesn't start going the way of NBA with the "thug" mentality. Pac, if you remember, showed some flashes of that. Is that called "swagger" now?

9. CriticalTheory

CriticalTheory WestSide 718 ShadowMafia!

"Thug" Mentality wow things like that fly over certain people heads.

Not mine though

So Avvie what do you mean by "Thug" Mentality? I already know I'm just curious to hear your side.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hey Bulluck
    don't be a Matthew Curtis
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar