Bulluck calls for Titans to draft carefully in '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ewker, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Obviously that whole "gangbanger/I'llpopacapinyoazz" mentality, full of pointless boasting and self-important grandiose paranoia.
    At one time, pro athletes were role models for our kids...people that we could point to from the stands and say "Look! Wouldn't it be great to be like him!" Micheal Jordan seemed to be the last. Shaq told us all "I'm not a role model, and don't want to be one." Seems like everyone decided to follow suit, and NBA has lost respectability in the eyes of a great many.

Gangsta culture tries to teach us that the path to respect is through fear, anger, hatred, money, power and adulterous sex (or abusive carnal exploits). This flies in the face of the moral code that we are trying to teach our kids. We want no part of that. Attempts to explain that have only resulted in paranoid counterclaims of "RACISM!!", which wastes our time and energy and detracts from the issue. It has nothing to do with racism....it has everything to do with content of character.
    If our team, or any of the other 31, start allowing this type of mentality to enter the locker room and playing fields, then i will quietly fold up my jerseys, remove my car magnets, replace my team logo house key with the original, and send these things to the trunk in the attack and look for a better way to spend my Sundays.

2. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Don't forget people, Bulluck has just been snubbed for the 2nd straight year for the probowl, a lot due to the fact that he's on a losing team. I think he wants that, and wants to get back to winning.

3. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

Avvie actually Charles Broccli said I am not a role model. Shaq is one of the few good role models out there.

But I get what your saying.

Critical why don't you take your act somewhere else. This is getting annoying. You want to talk football talk football but if you want to debate politics and your percieved racisim of just about everything people have said on this board then I think your comments will be falling on deaf ears.

4. smili

smili Starter

On one of the radio shows Bullock commented on how one of the goals for next year is to change the attitude of the defense. I don't know the exact words, but my interpretation was that he felt they needed a mean-ness and aggression about them that they used to have.

I'd take this statement in that context. It sounds like he sees a lack of work ethic and desire in some and wants more KVB types out there.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Put him on ignore if you don't like him.:suspect:

Since when is being pompous and cocky a "gangsta" mentality. I don't see Jones gangbanging. So because he speaks in a certain way, he has a "gangsta" mentality. Riiiight. :sad2: Fact is, he seemed to be one of the few players on defense this year who actually gave a **** on what was going on. The mentality on that D sucks; we need more Pac Mans, Bullucks, and KVBs who actually act like they care if we get whooped.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My bad on Barkley...couldn't remember which and made the wrong choice.

Z, I don't suggest that a D should act like English butlers...of course they need cockiness and arrogance--building blocks of a winning attitude. But certainly you can agree that these virtues become liabilities when they are turned on your teammates.
    I poke fun at pacman with the dark helmet thing just because I think it was funny , but I am pleased with his growth, and surely hope he maintains it. But we know the rumors of his locker-room behavior. We saw what TO had to offer. We bashed "Meshawn" Johnson for the same thing. I don't think KB is out of line by pointing this out...It's swagger when a player boasts "WE ARE GONNA KILL YOU!!"; it's unhealthy for the team when he boasts "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!" JMO.

thefreak:
    I appreciate what you're trying to say here, but I don't want this to turn into a mudslinging contest just because I posted an opinion. I mentioned :
    Let's not fall into that trap ourselves. ;)

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Back on topic,
    I think Bullucks comments show that Pac is a cancer in the locker room.

His demand for respect from his teammates (while he was holding out and had done nothing to earn any) and when he called himself a veteran halfway through his rookie year, and his disrespect for team traditions (like giving a bonus to the attendants) and his calling out his teammates for blowing coverage and never taking the blame himself,
    as well as the things we DON'T know about,
    tend to suggest Bulluck (a true team veteran) is warning against bringing any more cancer into the Titans locker room.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Hoffa, do you even listen to Pacman's press conferences? He always admits to making mistakes and saying he still has a way to go. Not like Bulluck who calls out teammates in the press, like in the above article, that's not a sign of leadership.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I knew when I posted this article people would jump on Bulluck for saying what he said. Bulluck knows more about this than any of us do.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Since when does he blame other teammates for mistakes. Past some Audio links. What's wrong with saying you're a vet halfway through the year? It wasn't dispparaging his teammates or anything, and it wasn't even in a cocky context (if we're talking about the same quote). We must have some emotional fans here on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar