Bulluck situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I don't post to much during the season. I post mostly during the off season. I'm not sure how much talk there's been on here about Keith but I was sparked by a story that I read in the Tennessean: "Bulluck awaits call from Titans' , 2-17-2010.
    I found it hard to believe that the Titans aren't even talking to his agent yet and he's set to be a free agent in 3 weeks. Then again, this whole posturing thing is heavy Titans thinking.
    I checkied into the top 10 linebackers;(The Sporting News)
    1. Elvis Dumervil, OLB, Broncos*
    2. Karlos Dansby, ILB, Cardinals (UFA)
    3. DeMeco Ryans, ILB, Texans*
    4. Shawne Merriman, OLB, Chargers*
    5. Gary Brackett, ILB, Colts (UFA)
    6. Thomas Davis, OLB, Panthers*
    7. Barrett Ruud, ILB, Buccaneers*
    8. Joey Porter, OLB, Dolphins (UFA)
    9. Rocky McIntosh, OLB, Redskins*
    10. Kirk Morrison, ILB, Raiders*

I found Keith listed under; "Aging and available"
    Under, "Teams hungry for older help" category; "can find it in the AFC South, either in the middle with the Colts' Gary Brackett or outside with the Titans' Keith Bulluck".
    It didn't help Keith pulling up injured in his contract year, especially a knee injury. I look at the names on the Top 10 list and wonder to myself, would I re-sign Keith or go after a young stud who would, more then likely, live out their contract. (Keith is what, 33 years old?)
    IMO, I think I would add a little extra money to what I would offer Keith, and go after someone on that Top 10 list. Then I would make Keith an offer and leave the rest to him and his agent.
    Any thoughts?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We all want Keith back. I'd be surprised to see 3 posters who want otherwise.

3. fitantitans

Would you take Keith over any of the guys on that list?

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'd take Karlos Dansby and push Tully to OLB. Same with DeMeco Ryans. Then there's Shawne Merriman, he's a hell of a player but it would seem wrong to sign him to our team.

I'd rather keep Bulluck if we could, that would be my first choice.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

In the Titans' system I'd pick Bulluck over (OLBs only):

1. Elvis Dumervil, OLB, Broncos*
    4. Shawne Merriman, OLB, Chargers*
    6. Thomas Davis, OLB, Panthers*
    8. Joey Porter, OLB, Dolphins (UFA)
    9. Rocky McIntosh, OLB, Redskins*

So yes, if I were the Titans, I'd take Keith over any of the OLB guys on that list.

6. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

He was on SiriusNFL today doing an interview. It sounded to me like he hasn't gotten one word from TN and has pretty much decided he's going elsewhere. He is still a solid player that several teams could use (Jets, Igles).

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Yeah...go to the Eagles...its where all elder free agents go to rot their career.

I want him back. We don't have his replacement on the roster right now IMO.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

With all due respect to Keith. I would take Merriman and him. Joey Porter too. I know a lot of people are downplaying his injury and saying that his recovery is well ahead of schedule but still he is over 30 and coming off a pretty serious injury.

It does work in our favor that there are younger LBs available in FA so that he can't really expect too much money. That's mean to say about a guy who has lead our D for as long as he has. I'm a huge fan of Keiths but a bigger fan of this team and I want to win. I'm not sure that Keith gives us a better chance to win that Merriman or Porter, right now.

9. fitantitans

Keith has not proved that he can play on that knee yet. We have to look at that and so do the teams that might be interested in him. That injury could not have come at a worse time.
    I'm not a Bulluck hater. I love the guy. But I'm tired of loosing. I don't want to collect aging stars like Oakland or Philly. And we don't have enough roster spots to be 'loyal' to anyone. Get the players on board that are going to take us to the Super Bowl, that's the point. The rest will have to go someplace else.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Let's face the facts Keith had clearly lost a step this season before the knee injury. Who knows what he is going to be like when he gets back on the field. Nobody wants to see him go because of his leadership and being the face of our defense for the last few years. As much as it pains me to say I think it is time we move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar