Bungles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Don't worry... no one in our organization understands that. I'm not sure they ran one blitz against the Ravens in the playoffs when Flacco was a rookie.

2. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

don't remind me ugh...
    we'll see... hopefully they apply it since that's how we basically dominated over the browns....

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20111101/SPORTS01/311010036/Pacman-too-immature?odyssey=nav|head

4. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Yeah, but how do you not notice that when you draft a kid? Or worse draft him and not care..

I can see if it's a later pick with an immaturity problem that you think he's gonna grow out of.

But players get knocked down like 20-30 picks because of injuries. Remember when DaQuan Bowers (It was DaQuan Bowers right? Or was it Rober Quinn. I forget) was supposed to be the first overall pick this year, or at least top 3 for sure. And then he gets hurt and gets knocked to like mid-second round. Isn't he back on the field already?

I'd think something a case like Pacman should be held in the same context. If I have a top 10 pick I'm worried about anyyyyyyy red flags that might indicate he won't be on the team for very long. Especially cause there's so many talented players that high in the draft. Hell Antrelle Rolle was drafted a few picks later. What makes Pacman so much worse than him?

I swear to God the Titans have the WORST first round draft history in recent history. But they do really well in the middle rounds. Wonder why that is...?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

should stop drafting guys that leave early

just think of the guys that would have been avoided

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Dude look at the 2000-2009 drafts. Micahel Griffin.. And if you wanna argue CJ, but let's not in an attempt to keep this onnnneeee thread not about CJ.... is the only good draft pick to come out of that decade. Every other one was a bust, a failure, an injury liability, or gone in under 5 years.

And Michael Griffin's really not even that great. In fact he might just very well be gone next year, seeing how great we've been at resigning our players in the past few years.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they have too want too play for Tennessee and be worth paying too play for Tennessee

the smart/good ones realize that even if Tennessee has its faults it probably offers them their best chance too win.

Hows Bullucks career in NY working out for him. Ran his mouth for 3 years about his freaking contract then blows up a knee and blames the Titans for not throwing tons of CAP at his geratric arse. Sings in NY and does exactly zip

basically the same story but with different players since the NFL landed in Tennessee. Come too find out that is the exact same way all NFL teams operate, but somehow the Titans think they are being wronged when the team makes a decision that is best for the Titans and not for them.

Hows paying the little scatback working out for the Titans. I wanted to let the little man continue too hold out, at $30k/d, and force him and his ego back onto the team or lock his gold foiled mouth down till he was north of 30 because that would have been best for the Titans, but not for CJSideways

Im not a fan of any players bank account

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Skyline

Skyline Starter

Yeah, you don't know much about the Bengals. You probably would have done well to stop after that first sentence.

It's the d-line that is their biggest strength. They've got a ton of talent and depth and can keep a fresh rotation going throughout the game. If you can keep Matt on his feet, then it will really improve your chances, because our corners are known to give up big plays here and there. Maybe only 2-3 per game, but that may be all you need since our offense isn't exactly high-powered yet.

That said, don't count on Dalton being rattled by pressure. The Bengals offensive line is a decent pass protection line and the Bengals offense is designed to get the ball out quickly. Dalton is very comfortable throwing to his check down receivers and the Bengals typical run a lot of short routes and screens. Your best bet on defense is to try and take our run game away and make us one dimensional. If Benson gets going, then it'll make the screens and play action passes that much more effective.

Should be an interesting game depending on which Titans team shows up to play. I feel like the Bengals can win this one, but I can easily see it going the other way.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He played better here than he has anywhere else. Now why he wasn't staying out of trouble here is a better question.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All I can say is our safeties better earn their pay this week, otherwise we're losing this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar