Burnout Paradise

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TitanJeff, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd never played any of the Burnout series before so got the demo last night. I got online and into a takedown battle with some guys and had a blast.

I don't know if I enjoy it more than MotorStorm but I'm thinking of getting the full game.

The online experience for these games is something I hadn't experienced before. I find that the most fun. I can't imagine what it would be like to play something like Call of Duty 4 online. I bet it's extremely intense.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not really for COD4, depends on the level and how many players.

Sometimes you will play a huge level with only 4 players and spend half the time looking for them, but others you will have 12 players on small levels and it's a shootout.

Good fun though.

3. TitanJeff

I'm a newbie on the PS3 but the online experience is the best part of the experience for me so far.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't find it all that exciting, outside of COD4.

5. TitanJeff

:tj: <--- me.

It's all new for me.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have never played a racing game online either.

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Yeah, I've been pretty attached to the online experience ever since I got a network adapter for the PS2. Nowadays, I usually buy games in the sports, racing and fighting genre to play online only. Speaking of Motorstorm, I've been a bit addicted to the online play just recently. I've probably had more than 200 races in less than a week. By the way, two new tracks will be added to the PS Store today or tomorrow.

I haven't tried the Burnout demo but I will check it out.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I had mixed emotions on the Paradise Demo
    imo, they seem to moving away from the formula that made the series great

selecting an event now requires that you run around to different stop lights to initiate it, the older ones allowed you to select them from maps ... more realistic yes, a pain in the butt - yes

also, if you fail, you have to drive ALL THE WAY back to the starting point to do it over .... I did not see a "Try Again?" option

I might have missed it, I hope I did

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

to me (someone who sucks at simulator style racing games) the Burnout series is as good as it comes...

COD4 has been my crack the last couple of weeks... Jeff try Ground War or Headquarters when you pick the mode to play in.. Large group of players = BIG FUN

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sounds like NFS Street series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar