Bush wants 30 Million Signing Bonus

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

2. I wouldn't pay that, but that doesn't mean they won't draft him anyway. He doesn't have to be signed prior to the draft...

3. Nash

Nash Starter

No wonder they are looking to trade down...

4. The Texans will sign Mario
    NO will sign D'Brick
    Titans will sign Young
    Jets will sign BUSH

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

No way does Bush get 30 mil in bonuses.

The 31 other teams would LOVE it if the Texans took Williams 1st, because he would probably sign for less than Bush would, which lowers the bar for every deal that comes after him.

A couple days ago PFT brought up the point that the #3 spot is a problem this year, because Braylon Edwards signed an unusually large deal in that spot last year. So with agents always wanting a raise over last years guy, negotiations are going to be tough.

6. Alex Smith got $24M in bonuses. And you know that agents will point out how much the cap has increased over the last year (roughly 20%).

The owners were morons for not putting a clause into the new CBA that limited rookie contracts. So were the players, because that's less money available to veterans...

7. They are morons Starkiller, Thery are MORONS

8. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Good point... I hadnt thought about that.

You are right, the lack of any limitations on rookie contracts is one of the most surprising things about the CBA. PFT speculated that the agents campaigned heavily against it, since thats where they make a lot of their money, but I cant imagine the agents have that much pull.

9. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

if bush goes to us we take him no matter what, i bet we then give up our first next year and third for cutler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar