Bust draft picks: Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ensconatus, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

And for the record I like Klug. He's had some great moment for us.
  2. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

I hope that's the case and not the Solomon case where we try to find him a role/position and fail. Klug is a great interior rusher but undersized and has to eat like crazy to keep his weight on. I imagine he is easily fatigued because of it.
  3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The way I say it is when you are a specialty player like Karl Klug is and still are able to give a team good production (and 10.5 sacks in two years is good production) then you are worth your draft pick. Klug is a valuable guy to have in 3 and >5 situations and if Casey and Morgan can step up he will be able to play in more of them.

If he can become our 4th DE on the depth chart then that is just gravy on the biscuit.
  4. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Namaste

Yup I agree. It just seemed like last year we let that talent waste away on the bench, then we did the position change in the off season. Seemed bubbly
  5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

gta avatar?

That was Walter from The Big Lebowski, bro.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. 520

520 Starter

oh it looks like one of those gta stills in the beginning of games you know what I mean they musta modeled a character after that guy
  7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't really consider late round draft picks to be "busts". Harper sure.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

it fits because jeff was "the dude" for awhile i think.
  9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Scott Pioli joked that he was a such a genius he passed on Tom Brady 5 times before drafting him.

In short you just need some luck in those late rounds. We can call Floyd Reese a genius for drafting Finnegan but he passed on him over 6 rounds before he pulled the trigger.

I have no problem with 6 and 7th rd picks ending up on the practice squad. It's the dozens of 3rd and 4th rd picks that have failed that really hurt. Primarily at 3 positions WR, DB and LB.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Its really pretty astounding how successful we have been when you look at out mid round draft 'busts'.

Green Bay, has 51 of 53 that have never been anything other than a Packer. Sure that has caused them some problems, but **** that is amazing.